Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ROM★★★TF201 KitKat 4.4.4-CROMBi-kk-R1-Oct 1★★★

OP lj50036

Announcement from lj50036: CROMBi-kk Test Release!
12th December 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #1131  
Thanks Meter: 25

294 posts
can we get those perfectly sized wallpapers that you have displayed on the original post?
14th December 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #1132  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 15

168 posts
More
Nobody got an answer regarding multiboot? It would be kind of nice to have the ability to dual boot to SD or internal.
14th December 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #1133  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,736

2,167 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UbuntuBhoy

Nobody got an answer regarding multiboot? It would be kind of nice to have the ability to dual boot to SD or internal.

Not going to happen that way mate .....

Thx Josh
15th December 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #1134  
Thanks Meter: 8

34 posts
Thumbs up Cool.
Flashed as TF201 so the camera(s?) would work. The upgrade instructions were great, as was the installer. Nice work, and happy holidays.
15th December 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #1135  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Newbie issues with TWRP
Hi Everyone., newbie here. Not only to the forum, but also to modifying my TF201. I was too afraid to dip my toes in the pool before because I did not want to brick it. But on stock 4.1.1 it had gotten so slow and annoying, I decided it would be more useful as a brick than as a tablet anyway, so here I am. I got it updated to AndroWook Prime HairyBean v2.3.1 and that was a VERY nice update. But then I got greedy for the KitKat update too. That is where I made my mistake.

The specs at the top of this thread say, "YOU MUST BE ON THE HAIRYBEAN 2.31 JB 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER VERSION 10.6.1.27.1 AND TWRP 2.6.3.1." I figured I already had the right Hairybean, but my TWRP was 2.5.0.0. So I'd just go to the TWRP project and get the newest TWRP that was right for TF201 and Jellybean, and flash that. Very bad idea. Nothing mounts in my new TWRP which is 2.6.3.0, since you are supposed to stick with the custom TWRP that goes with your custom ROM. It is asking me for a password when I didn't set one, and insisting that I have no OS and am not rooted when in fact I have both of those things. Ugh.

I found a post by flumpster helping someone else who had done the same thing, so I think I can get myself back in working order on AndroWook and its custom TWRP. I will try after work.

However, assuming I can build up my nerve again, I am flummoxed on how I will get my device in a position to try KitKat. Do I have to roll back AndroWook Hairybean somehow, and install some OTHER Hairybean version as described in Post #4 of this thread? If that is correct, could someone please give me a pointer or a link on how to roll back?

Thanks very much for your time in reading this and (if you can) posting some ideas for me.
15th December 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #1136  
Flag hungary
Thanks Meter: 13

90 posts
More
Try this twrp: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=57169872
Yesterday, 08:59 AM   |  #1137  
Flag Witney
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Thanks rayglo, I had the same issue you had in post #928. Had a major panic when nothing would run, backup would not restore etc. Format Data did the trick. Back up and running.

The Following User Says Thank You to electorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread