Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL][PORT][n51x0][Samsung JB/KK] Boeffla-Kernel 1.1 beta5/2.0 beta6 (05-12-2014)

OP ZaneZam

17th December 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #221  
Thanks Meter: 12

63 posts
I tried to flash the kernel 2.0b6 on my n5120 using recovery. The screen showed me that it could flash successfully and asked me to reboot. However, after reboot and check the device information, the kernel was still not Boeffla (I originally used Civato kernel).

Then I used odin to flash and it was successful.

I have checked the script in the zip file. I guess the boot partition of n5120 should be mmcblk0p9.
Last edited by mayday2; 17th December 2014 at 10:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mayday2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #222  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,460

1,194 posts
Thumbs up argh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday2

I tried to flash the kernel 2.0b6 on my n5120 using recovery. The screen showed me that it could flash successfully and asked me to reboot. However, after reboot and check the device information, the kernel was still not Boeffla (I originally used Civato kernel).

Then I used odin to flash and it was successful.

I have checked the script in the zip file. I guess the boot partition of n5120 should be mmcblk0p9.

you are damn right thx a lot for the heads up!!! will fix that and re-up the cwm versions. meanwhile you can use the *tar.md5 files with mobile odin!

EDIT: done ! for safety reasons i've removed all "bad" cwm's of old test versions (only tar.md5 files remains, have no time to fix all old versions) and updated current stable (1.0) and the recent ones which are 1.1 beta 5 and 2.0 beta 6 so please re-download them if u want to flash via cwm. sry for that mess really wasn't aware of that difference in partition structure on the n5120
...and again thx to @mayday2 (that username somehow matches this situation *gg*)
Last edited by ZaneZam; 17th December 2014 at 11:54 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boeffla, kernel, note 8
Previous Thread Next Thread