No registration required

S Note for Windows - View, Create, & Sync with your Device

OP BarryH_GEG

22nd August 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #21  
Flag Arequipa
Thanks Meter: 6

57 posts
More
I'm having problems with Windows 8 and Snote for PC too. Every time I try to create a note the app stop working and then I can't open it because the app begins to freeze. I've tried deleting the Snote files target in Documents and it works again but if I try to upload a file, sync with Samsung account or Evernote it begins to fail again even if I create a note it will freeze again on every run. Before it hangs I can see that the app begins to sync database and then stop working.
26th August 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Did you guys know this existed? Back when Samsung introduced the Ativ's there was a version of S Note that did a version check and only worked on Samsung PC's. Being able to share my device-created S Note's with my PC has been kind of a Holy Grail goal. Apparently Samsung listened. If this old news sorry, I must have been sleeping under a rock.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/snote/

Awesome find! Thanks man!
9th September 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #23  
Flag Arequipa
Thanks Meter: 6

57 posts
More
Hi phyden, what version of Windows do you use? 32 or 64 bits?

I'm trying to run Snote for PC but it doesn't work on my Windows 8 64 bits. Also I looked at the Samsung webpage that there is a new version that weights approximately 80mb the oldest version weights 136mb, the problem is that I tried it and didn't work . The program opens normally but when you try to create a note or import an Snote file the app freeze and force close. Maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? In the webpage of Samsung UK the app is listed as compatible with Windows 7 only, a month ago it was listed as compatible with Windows 7 and 8 but didn't work on my computer.

Thanks.
Last edited by ferrnando; 9th September 2014 at 09:26 AM.
9th September 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 16

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrnando

Maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? In the webpage of Samsung UK the app is listed as compatible with Windows 7 only, a month ago it was listed as compatible with Windows 7 and 8 but didn't work on my computer.

Thanks.

The webpage lists Windows 7 as the MINIMUM supported operating system. It runs fine for me under Windows 8.1 64-bit. I can create and sync notes just fine.
12th September 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 62

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrnando

Hi phyden, what version of Windows do you use? 32 or 64 bits?

I'm trying to run Snote for PC but it doesn't work on my Windows 8 64 bits. Also I looked at the Samsung webpage that there is a new version that weights approximately 80mb the oldest version weights 136mb, the problem is that I tried it and didn't work . The program opens normally but when you try to create a note or import an Snote file the app freeze and force close. Maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? In the webpage of Samsung UK the app is listed as compatible with Windows 7 only, a month ago it was listed as compatible with Windows 7 and 8 but didn't work on my computer.

Thanks.

same problem for me (win 7 x64)
but where is the new version of 80 mb?
17th December 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Same thing here. I've setup the Windows version of S Note, logged in to my Samsung account, sync'd.... all notes showed up. But CHANGES made since then are not showing up. Hmmm. Looking closely at this...

I'm using Note Pro 12.2 w KitKat 4.4 and Windows 7 in VMWare Mac.

UPDATE: for me, changes made in Android S Note do show up on the Windows S Note, but changes made in Windows S Note do NOT show up in Android after syncing. So, it's working one-way -- Android to Windows. But not the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmollbrink

Hi Guys,

Did anyone actualla get this to work?
I installed it and tried adding a few notes through the windows app, hit sync, nothing comes over to my devices. The same in reverse.

/Patrick

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread