Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] D802T How do I root and install custom recovery?

OP Dibbly

10th November 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #61  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 10

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrixkthxbai

Can someone please confirm if the following steps are definitely working for rooting 802T?

I don't want to install a new rom. Just want the phone rooted so I can get rid of the stupid bloatwares that LG decided to disable the disable key in their wisdom. Will the above steps suffice? Do I still run towelroot?

Cheers
Edit: Phone has official 4.4.2

If you only want root you can run either TowelRoot or StumpRoot. Either exploit should work fine on the D802T. No need to flash any ROMs.
11th November 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi All,

Does the method described in this tread work? I am a little confused there seems to be conflicting results.
12th November 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman91

If you only want root you can run either TowelRoot or StumpRoot. Either exploit should work fine on the D802T. No need to flash any ROMs.

Hey man just wanted to quickly say THANKS.

Didn't realise rooting itself was so simple and straight forward with stumproot. Less than 5 mins to download, read the instructions and run... and root. Bloatware gone. YAY. No more goddamn remote widget.
13th November 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #64  

7 posts
Quote:

Didn't realise rooting itself was so simple and straight forward with stumproot. Less than 5 mins to download, read the instructions and run... and root. Bloatware gone. YAY. No more goddamn remote widget.

Hey how did you uninstall the apps aftwr rooting ?
15th November 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipv

Hey how did you uninstall the apps aftwr rooting ?

Just used supersu and system app remover, both from play store. Just disabled the apps I could and deleted the rest like weather and quicktranslator. The whole process was (thankfully) very straightforward.

No more annoying popup/system hog. Running at almost 1gb memory free on official 4.4.2. Probably nothing compared to stock rom but big improvement from ~700mb before.

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

I do have a follow up question of my own: is there an equally simple and effective unroot option?

Need to unroot for an official ota update. It seems to be a minor update and the device is otherwise working great so only going to bother with it if the unroot is a simple process as well.
15th November 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #66  

7 posts
Quote:

Quote:

Just used supersu and system app remover, both from play store. Just disabled the apps I could and deleted the rest like weather and quicktranslator. The whole process was (thankfully) very straightforward.

No more annoying popup/system hog. Running at almost 1gb memory free on official 4.4.2. Probably nothing compared to stock rom but big improvement from ~700mb before.

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

I do have a follow up question of my own: is there an equally simple and effective unroot option?

Need to unroot for an official ota update. It seems to be a minor update and the device is otherwise working great so only going to bother with it if the unroot is a simple process as well.

Thanks for that it would be good if these devices could run cm or any custom rom. Not sure about the un root sory. You might have to re flash stock rom
Yesterday, 03:37 AM   |  #67  
Flag SYDNEY
Thanks Meter: 102

442 posts
flash euro open on d802t
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDeltaIV

I've already tried this, did this work for you? cause if it did i'll try again.

All I want to do is turn my D802t into a simple D802, using a euro open kdz.
I read that when I flash a euro open kdz, i also need to flash a d802 baseband.
But how do I flash a baseband when I dont have a recovery?
Any help or instructions would be really appreciated.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread