still have some error
17th December 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #52  
Flag Corry, PA
Thanks Meter: 7

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Clock Ditto
For the first time having this phone (Sprint ATIV S Neo) I got myself into a situation where I needed to hard reset the device, and I have the Developer Preview installed. Now my phone is hosed. Called Sprint and requested APN information, their answer was "we provision over NAI and cannot give out the APN information." Asked if they could flag my phone and force the official 8.1 update just released this month to my phone, but Tier 2 support was completely unaware this exists, despite trying 3 different ways to guide him to the page on Sprint's own website that says it is available.

Took my phone to a store, they were unable to fix it. Attempted to order me a replacement, but the ATIV S Neo is no longer available. My choices were an HTC 8XT or a Galaxy S4. I love my Windows Phone, I really do, but the 8XT is painfully underpowered, so I opted for them to order me a Galaxy S4. If I can't fix my phone by Saturday, I have to go pick up the S4 when it arrives.

Please, PLEASE tell me there is some kind of way I can at least flash back to the factory default 8.0 ROM???
17th December 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Howdy!
All of this sounds painfully familiar. I've been through the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuAngel

Please, PLEASE tell me there is some kind of way I can at least flash back to the factory default 8.0 ROM???

Yep! You can flash back to the 8.0 GDR2 rom no problem.

This is not a fix, just a work around.

WARNING: Be careful, not my fault if you brick stuff, blah blah...

So, after fighting the problem and trying to find the data programming and debug settings that only an anonymous Sprint tech knows (held in some secure, secret location, I'm sure), I finally broke down and flashed back to stock GDR2 using instructions and tools from various users. One note: do not use a hub or front access ports to connect your phone, even if they are powered. The drivers may not detect the phone properly. Go old school and use the back/direct USB ports.

Problem was, that left me back with no voice roaming and a camera that crashed the phone fairly frequently.

So, I dev unlocked the phone to put a registry editor on the phone. I used Blue_Frog's registry tweaks to enable Voice Roaming. For jollies (and because I wanted a fix for the camera bug), I enrolled in the Dev preview. Only difference: I never did a factory reset. Now, after the patch preparing for the 8.1 RC, my data settings were erased. Interesting, no? But this time, when I added the MMS UserProfile Info and MMS URL manually using Data Programming, it saved the info!

I am now running the latest Dev Preview (8.10.14157.200 - actually a release candidate) and have a fully functional phone. Sadly, it took 9 months, and I know others have waited longer.

While far from ideal, I wanted to post this to help others AND to help my MNVO/MS/Samsung/Sprint pinpoint the issue. Again, my MNVO and MS have been supportive, at least - which is more than I can say for Samsung and Sprint. (Though there was one Sprint tech in a store I visited who at least understood what I was telling him - maybe he's on his way to a secret bunker as we speak!)

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted you to have all the info I have. If you need further explanation, let me know.
17th December 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #54  
Flag Corry, PA

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherFidelis

Yep! You can flash back to the 8.0 GDR2 rom no problem.

This is not a fix, just a work around.

It's better than nothing. But I can't seem to find the ROM / flasher ANYWHERE? Certainly not on Sprint or Samsung's sites?
17th December 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuAngel

It's better than nothing. But I can't seem to find the ROM / flasher ANYWHERE? Certainly not on Sprint or Samsung's sites?

Oh yeah, you won't find it on Sprint or Samsung's sites and they will deny knowledge of it (most likely). But the flashers and rom are all over this forum. If you really can't find them here at XDA, then I'll see if I can put together (or find) a little packet or something for you a little later today/tonight.
Last edited by BrotherFidelis; 17th December 2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: forgot something
17th December 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #56  
Flag Corry, PA

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Maybe not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherFidelis

But the flashers and rom are all over this forum.

Oh, darn, I was hoping it was an official factory reset. The closest thing I found was this GDR3 ROM, but one of the posts in the thread from the OP specifically says: "Automatic APN doesn't work! You should add apn in "mobile network" [GB] ("celullar" [USA])." Unfortunately, as I mention in my first post in this thread, Sprint will not give me the information and no resource I've found online seems to be accurate.
18th December 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #57  
Flag Corry, PA

195 posts
Donate to Me
More
FIXED!
FIXED!!!!!!!!

SOLUTION: http://nuangel.net/2014/12/sprint-at...e-after-reset/

Big thanks to WPCentral.com forum user Benito Sifuentes who pieced together the parts of the solution, I just wrote it up for all levels of technical expertise!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread