Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a broken screen. Now with touchscreen support!!

OP k.janku1

16th December 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 11

142 posts
Thank you for the great tool!

It partially works on my shattered OnePlus One:
I can click Home and such, but Tapping on the screen is not working, nor does swipe action (since mine is vertical swipe not horizontal).
I can tap and unlock vertically via adb shell manually, and I can also tap x, y cordinates - but taps dont do anything in the app.

Any ideas how to make taps work?
I am using the Linux Binary...
16th December 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #152  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 134

135 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon1984

Thank you for the great tool!

It partially works on my shattered OnePlus One:
I can click Home and such, but Tapping on the screen is not working, nor does swipe action (since mine is vertical swipe not horizontal).
I can tap and unlock vertically via adb shell manually, and I can also tap x, y cordinates - but taps dont do anything in the app.

Any ideas how to make taps work?
I am using the Linux Binary...

I haven't tested the linux version as I don't have linux installed and it was compiled by someone else from the source code, so I have no idea why would that be. Also keep in mind that the linux version is not up to date, so not all features could have been implemented.
17th December 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #153  
Thanks Meter: 11

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.janku1

I haven't tested the linux version as I don't have linux installed and it was compiled by someone else from the source code, so I have no idea why would that be. Also keep in mind that the linux version is not up to date, so not all features could have been implemented.

Thank you, well what about the Windows version then? At work I have installed the Samsung driver, which enabled adb to detect my phone properly, but I cant do adb shell since I never authorized USB debugging at work computer, until it was too late
Is it possible to authorize it in another way? perhaps from home where it already is?
18th December 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #154  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 134

135 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon1984

Thank you, well what about the Windows version then? At work I have installed the Samsung driver, which enabled adb to detect my phone properly, but I cant do adb shell since I never authorized USB debugging at work computer, until it was too late
Is it possible to authorize it in another way? perhaps from home where it already is?

There has been a discussion about that here, from what i remember the easiest solution was to plug in a pc mouse to the phone and authorize with it, but I think someone figured put another way which I don't remember. Try searching this thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, broken, control, screen, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread