Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy S5 Knox Reset (New Hope)

OP Slicktune

30th November 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #281  
Thanks Meter: 15

55 posts
a phone bought in UK the provider will change it in the first 10 days (or was it 14...? anyway). After this period Samsung warranty takes it over. I also need to return the phone and yesterday came back from a Samsung shop in London that told me they can fix it in 10 working days. EU law states that in the first 6 months of buying a device the manufacturer needs to change the device as "the fault(s) is probably from the factory and existed at the time of purchase", after 6 months they can say that you are responsible for the malfunction and YOU have to prove them different (as before 6 months they had to prove that you did something to the phone and they wouldn't botter that much).
You can argue that your fault is a hardware one and it has nothing to do with the software, but you will have to download the stock rom from sammobile. As I read on this forum most of the shops don't even bother checking the Knox as long as you're on stock branded rom without any root apps when you take it back. I'm leaving the country for 2 months so my 6 months weaver will be gone by the time I come back, I just hope I'll get it done it abroad. If not, sorry to say this, I'll just drown my phone and say it wasn't water resistant as on the tin or maybe just pick up one of those insurances and just smash the phone (continue paying the insurance after, don't want to think I'm pulling a fraud)
Last edited by dotuletz; 30th November 2014 at 01:47 PM.
10th December 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #282  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
s5
ok guys just an up date from previous post ..

Samsung have repaired my s5 free of charge (main speaker blown) did it via the postal option took 9 days turn around..
I re flashed with stock rom put it upto date via kies used triangle away.

Not one question asked by samsung about the knox tripped issue

Regards Braggster
The Following User Says Thank You to Braggster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th December 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #283  
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 107

438 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braggster

ok guys just an up date from previous post ..

Samsung have repaired my s5 free of charge (main speaker blown) did it via the postal option took 9 days turn around..
I re flashed with stock rom put it upto date via kies used triangle away.

Not one question asked by samsung about the knox tripped issue

Regards Braggster

I'm not really surprised TBH.....as Knox counter doesn't have anything to do with hardware problems.

The Knox counter just makes sure that Knox security (business environment on a personal phone) is working properly.
Once the counter is set to 0x1, Knox will stop working and cannot be used anymore.
But for the majority of the users, this Knox sh**t is a lot of crap anyway as they only use their phone personally.
13th December 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #284  
Flag Bahrain
Thanks Meter: 37

452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNTER5LOve

I had this problem on my phone
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=162

I went to Samsung dealer in my country Saudi Arabia last Thursday with root and knox 01 and they accept it and gave me new phone today under warranty
I think Knox is lucks
sometimes warranty accept it and sometimes no

You are so lucky. Here in Bahrain Samsung didn't accept to replace my S5 with the defective finger print sensor coz knox counter was tripped.
13th December 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #285  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHertZ

You are so lucky. Here in Bahrain Samsung didn't accept to replace my S5 with the defective finger print sensor coz knox counter was tripped.

ohh how sad did you pay for the replacement? or its discounted?
14th December 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #286  
Flag Bahrain

452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgwaps

ohh how sad did you pay for the replacement? or its discounted?

Couldn't replace it...I just kept the phone
14th December 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #287  
Flag Gothicus
Thanks Meter: 817

3,723 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroHertZ

Couldn't replace it...I just kept the phone

What do you mean by faulty? The finger sensor wasn't the best anyway, though much improved on lollipop. I would advise flashing cm11 or cm12 they lack this feature and might help you forget it. Personally I can't, I find it too convenient
15th December 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #288  
Flag Bahrain

452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @non4

What do you mean by faulty? The finger sensor wasn't the best anyway, though much improved on lollipop. I would advise flashing cm11 or cm12 they lack this feature and might help you forget it. Personally I can't, I find it too convenient

I know it wasn't the best.. but in my case It never actually started up, didn't even get to the screen where it shows the finger prints..kept getting a message that it fails to start.

It's ok I don't care about it anyways
18th December 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #289  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
is there hope for the Knox counter after 4.3
Have galaxy s5 g900t. Don't care about warranty but can't make calls. Error no available network. Please help
Knox counter is 0x1
18th December 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #290  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 13

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawginit

Have galaxy s5 g900t. Don't care about warranty but can't make calls. Error no available network. Please help
Knox counter is 0x1

Settings, more networks, wi fi calling, connection preferences, tick cellular network preffered... this helped me a lot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread