Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][4.0+] SwiP - Switch profiles intelligently 0.2.7 [Beta]

OP Flow-Chi

5th December 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Triggers bugs
Hi there. Thanks for good app. But i have some issues. First day of using app was good. But now i have problem with location trigger for profile Home (priority 90).
This trigger no have time starts-ends and day of week. Only location trigger whith 150 m radius. I works good when i go from office to home. In this case it change in correct way when i am close to my home. But in the morning, when i drive car to office it not swich off when i am far from home. It changes only when i arrive to office (profile Work with location, time and day trigger). To explaine much easier here is my profiles:
1) Home. Trigger only with location condition (150m). Priority 90
2) Default. Trigger without any condition. Priority 80.
3) Work. Trigger with day of week, start-end time and location (150m) contitions. Priority 90.

Work change to Default only on time ends condition. When i walk for lunch (about 1 km) it not changes to default.
Default change to Home when i arrive to home.
Home not change to default when i go to work (phone use gps at this moment with navigation app).

Maybe i understand incorrect this triggers? But i think it should change automaticaly when i am out of this 150 m radius. I change profile to Default manually, but in few seconds it back to Home automaticaly, even if i am 3-5 km from home
The Following User Says Thank You to Geolimber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #92  
OP Member
Flag Salzburg, AT
Thanks Meter: 61

36 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayachar88

While I've understood SwiP to be a conditional profile switcher, I was wondering if it is possible to do the following while switching profile ?

• Send an SMS with some custom text ?
  • Ring a custom (or default) ring-tone for a certain amount of time ?
  • Put up a notification with some custom text ?
  • Send an E-mail to a predefined (but customizable) email-id, with some custom text ?

No, unfortunately SwiP can't do any of those at the moment..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geolimber

Hi there. Thanks for good app. But i have some issues. First day of using app was good. But now i have problem with location trigger for profile Home (priority 90).
This trigger no have time starts-ends and day of week. Only location trigger whith 150 m radius. I works good when i go from office to home. In this case it change in correct way when i am close to my home. But in the morning, when i drive car to office it not swich off when i am far from home. It changes only when i arrive to office (profile Work with location, time and day trigger). To explaine much easier here is my profiles:
1) Home. Trigger only with location condition (150m). Priority 90
2) Default. Trigger without any condition. Priority 80.
3) Work. Trigger with day of week, start-end time and location (150m) contitions. Priority 90.

Work change to Default only on time ends condition. When i walk for lunch (about 1 km) it not changes to default.
Default change to Home when i arrive to home.
Home not change to default when i go to work (phone use gps at this moment with navigation app).

Maybe i understand incorrect this triggers? But i think it should change automaticaly when i am out of this 150 m radius. I change profile to Default manually, but in few seconds it back to Home automaticaly, even if i am 3-5 km from home

Hmm that seems really strange.. I will take a look at the code while reproducing your test cases.
Your setup is completely correct, there seems to be either a problem with SwiP (when leaving geofences), or with the location provided by the Google Play Services.
Could you try making the geofence bigger? Like 600m or so?
18th December 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow-Chi

Hmm that seems really strange.. I will take a look at the code while reproducing your test cases.
Your setup is completely correct, there seems to be either a problem with SwiP (when leaving geofences), or with the location provided by the Google Play Services.
Could you try making the geofence bigger? Like 600m or so?

Hi Flow-Chi. Thanks for suggestions. And today i check this feature with icreeseng radius. And it works good starting from 200 m radius.
And some additional info. When i have this bug, it was 100 m radius (i make mistake in my last message by writing 150 m). So the bug appears with 100 m radius. Anyway, i found that is strange that profile back to "Home" automaticaly when i am far away and use navigation(so in this case phone always receive actual location).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, nfc, open source, profile, trigger
Previous Thread Next Thread