Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Kernel][CM][4.4.4][October 22] TinyKernel

OP tiny4579

Announcement from tiny4579: TinyKernel 2.3 is live! Please check the OP for details
30th October 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #211  
4Strings's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
No dt2w? sad...
Oh well, great Kernel anyway!
30th October 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #212  
Kaka88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Can i use this kernel with stock ROM?
30th October 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #213  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,360
 
8,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka88

Can i use this kernel with stock ROM?

Nope, cm11 and maybe some aosp ROMs only.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #214  
Kaka88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Nope, cm11 and maybe some aosp ROMs only.

How about AOKP Barebones?
Im using that right now
2nd November 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #215  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,360
 
8,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka88

How about AOKP Barebones?
Im using that right now

It depends on what device tree it's based off of. I don't follow non CM ROMs in general. There's a reason I put CM in the title of the thread to hint it was designed for CM. Most ROMs use some m7 device tree. I know omni did but may still use a device tree with an m7 specific kernel instead of a unified kernel. That for instance wouldn't work with this kernel. Best advice I can give is to nandroid and flash.

Just looking at the AOKP tree I can't honestly recommend anything but their kernel since the published state is inconsistent and they have a lot of outdated trees on github. Not saying it's unstable, but the published source may need updating. Best I can tell they may be using the common kernel and unified m7 tree so it should be ok, but they may not have switched to the new WiFi drivers so you may not have WiFi on v2.3. V2.2 should be OK though, but since I'm unsure on their state or who's even maintaining AOKP, I don't know. Barebones looks to be an AOKP base with less in it.
Last edited by tiny4579; 2nd November 2014 at 03:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #216  
Kaka88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

It depends on what device tree it's based off of. I don't follow non CM ROMs in general. There's a reason I put CM in the title of the thread to hint it was designed for CM. Most ROMs use some m7 device tree. I know omni did but may still use a device tree with an m7 specific kernel instead of a unified kernel. That for instance wouldn't work with this kernel. Best advice I can give is to nandroid and flash.

Just looking at the AOKP tree I can't honestly recommend anything but their kernel since the published state is inconsistent and they have a lot of outdated trees on github. Not saying it's unstable, but the published source may need updating. Best I can tell they may be using the common kernel and unified m7 tree so it should be ok, but they may not have switched to the new WiFi drivers so you may not have WiFi on v2.3. V2.2 should be OK though, but since I'm unsure on their state or who's even maintaining AOKP, I don't know. Barebones looks to be an AOKP base with less in it.

Thanks for the explanation
18th December 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #217  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
DT2W
Hi, how do i enable DT2W fullscreen, it is only working when tapping the bottom of the screen.

I activated DT2W via Trickster if that helps.
18th December 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #218  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,360
 
8,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm83855

Hi, how do i enable DT2W fullscreen, it is only working when tapping the bottom of the screen.

I activated DT2W via Trickster if that helps.

I think I only added DT2W support for the bottom half of the screen. Its been a while since I looked at this kernel or updated it. I should take a look soon to confirm.
18th December 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #219  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Any future updates or did development stop?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 12:33 AM   |  #220  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,360
 
8,128 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamsen

Any future updates or did development stop?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

I wanna do one more build for cm11. No ETA's.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes