OP kevin@TeslaCoil

16th December 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #14771  
Flag Dirty Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,651

3,066 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylexot

I wouldn't say that it can't be done. It would just require the dev to develop all the code from scratch. So, it is highly unlikely.

Agreed. Nothing is impossible, but considering the amount of man hours these features would require Kevin to put in, I'm sure we'd be looking at a new launcher, with a price tag close to $20. Nobody would pay that much, so all the effort would be a waste of Kevin's time.
16th December 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #14772  
Thanks Meter: 720

828 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylexot

I wouldn't say that it can't be done. It would just require the dev to develop all the code from scratch. So, it is highly unlikely.

Well yes I suppose he could code it all from scratch. But then there's also the issue of Google who might force him get rid of that feature at the threat of removing Nova from Play Store.

So I'd say it's more than highly unlikely to happen.
17th December 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #14773  
Thanks Meter: 65

179 posts
Or he can just add swipe left gesture which works only on most left screen, so you can add any app or activity to it, and there you have it. Not good like original but i think that would be nice solution...
17th December 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #14774  
Thanks Meter: 620

1,153 posts
Why should Kevin spend his limited development time on copying rather bad Google Now launcher features? There's cool stuff he can work on instead. Nobody would ask for a left screen Google now or a white app drawer if it wasn't for Google putting them in their launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to sordna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #14775  
Thanks Meter: 65

179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sordna

Why should Kevin spend his limited development time on copying rather bad Google Now launcher features? There's cool stuff he can work on instead. Nobody would ask for a left screen Google now or a white app drawer if it wasn't for Google putting them in their launcher.

Well i dont care for google now, i dont even have it in my country, but if many people wants it i dont see why not adding it, or something like it. And kevin made very big money out of this app so dont speak about limited development time. I love nova and i dont miss anything, but he sold over 1 million nova launcher prime for 4 bucks, even if that is not true information he must have earned atleast 1 million dollars. And people like you are speaking about limited development time rofl. I dont want anything from kevin, but when you say something like that its like he is doing everything for free
17th December 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #14776  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 88

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin@TeslaCoil

Nova Launcher is a highly customizable launcher replacement based on the stock Android 4.x Launcher.

On 1-Dec-2014, I bought Nova launcher prime on Amazon but now I see it is not there. What happened?
17th December 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #14777  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Under Review
Under review, Many Thanks
17th December 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #14778  
Flag Dirty Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,651

3,066 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_k_r

On 1-Dec-2014, I bought Nova launcher prime on Amazon but now I see it is not there. What happened?

You should email him instead. Kevin doesn't check the forums any more.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikulic1802

Well i dont care for google now, i dont even have it in my country, but if many people wants it i dont see why not adding it, or something like it. And kevin made very big money out of this app so dont speak about limited development time. I love nova and i dont miss anything, but he sold over 1 million nova launcher prime for 4 bucks, even if that is not true information he must have earned atleast 1 million dollars. And people like you are speaking about limited development time rofl. I dont want anything from kevin, but when you say something like that its like he is doing everything for free

It's really about cost-benefit ratio. Since there's no code available, Kevin would have to figure it out on his own. The amount of time that would take would take Kevin away from his family and other commitments, and would completely justify Kevin releasing the app as a new, much more expensive launcher. If he simply released an update to the existing launcher, then yes, he would essentially be doing all of that code work for free. Chris Lacy recently outlined this philosophy, prior to his release of Action Launcher 3, and I agree with his approach.

I think that if we, as users, are going to demand features from developers - features that require massive amounts of coding - then we should be willing to pay for updates. Remember, it's not about how much money devs have already made - it's a business for them... A way for them to feed their families. If they continue to release updates (ie free features), they don't generate repeat business, newsboy that their revenue stream is stagnant. I know you aren't making demands, but others do/will. Everyone needs to be prepared to pay a little bit more, if they want big, code-intensive updates.

*I just want to tell everyone that 1) no, I'm not a spokesperson for Nova, 2) I have no more information about future updates than you guys do, and 3) I'm basing my comments on my own personal opinion, plus comments I've read from other developers, regarding similar issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjhiza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:28 AM   |  #14779  
Thanks Meter: 51

593 posts
On my GS5 with Lollipop I have a little problem with Telegram and the notification badge. I never get the right number. If I get one message the badge says 2 and so on. Does anyone else have the same problem on Telegram? Thanks
I tried also with Missed it but nothing changed.
Today, 01:31 AM   |  #14780  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 97

854 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0g

Nope. Doesn't help.

I'm not the only one:
https://plus.google.com/101968502033...ts/es8qheUMA5V

Is the dev here?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I think I solved it! It was TeslaUnread causing the lag. I cleared data & cache for that, and Nova seems to back to normal now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics, launcher, nova, nova launcher, nova-launcher
Previous Thread Next Thread