Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cubot X6 Support

OP gaussrifle97

15th November 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
phone is locked
just got my cubotx6 and is has locked me out , it is asking or a password , it is really annoying. is there a standard password for the phone?
18th November 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Wooot? Pass? Mhea, easy fix. Hold down volume down button and power button at the same time, and it will go to chinese recovery mode. From here, u can do factory reset and tadaaa, ur phone will be fully resetted without any password prompts.

Skickat från min X6 via Tapatalk
20th November 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #23  

1 posts
Unhappy privacy protecion password
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachitoge

Wooot? Pass? Mhea, easy fix. Hold down volume down button and power button at the same time, and it will go to chinese recovery mode. From here, u can do factory reset and tadaaa, ur phone will be fully resetted without any password prompts.

Skickat från min X6 via Tapatalk

Hello there, excuse my bad english, anyway i got this cubot x6 and i set a privacy password wich locked the screen, now i did the hard reset and followed the whipe data user and cache thing, it says complete but then it asks for the password again.. can anyone help me please...
5th December 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #24  
Flag Stuttgart

2 posts
More
Hello Community,

this is my first post here. I bought a new Cubot x6 and cannot root it. Also there seems to be no way to flash it with linux. Is that right? Fastboot seems not to be (fully?) supported.
To root it I tried rootgenius, latest Framaroot and MTK Droid Tools on my lousy old windows 7 Starter laptop. I also couldn't find appropriate usb drivers... Can you help me?
Last edited by heidelbernd; 5th December 2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: typos
18th December 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #25  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidelbernd

Hello Community,

this is my first post here. I bought a new Cubot x6 and cannot root it. Also there seems to be no way to flash it with linux. Is that right? Fastboot seems not to be (fully?) supported.
To root it I tried rootgenius, latest Framaroot and MTK Droid Tools on my lousy old windows 7 Starter laptop. I also couldn't find appropriate usb drivers... Can you help me?

Hi I read on androidiani's forum that kingoroot should be work to root X6 with 4.4.
Asap I'll try
18th December 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #26  

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybux

Hi I read on androidiani's forum that kingoroot should be work to root X6 with 4.4.
Asap I'll try

Framaroot worked fine for me but that is not with the latest Cubot X6 hardware.
19th December 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc230

Hi, I have been using the X6 for just over a week and so far everything is working well, the phone is quite nice to use, all except for bluetooth. In general bluetooth works but intermittently the phone gets so knotted up that bluetooth won't turn on, the icon animation loops continuously. The phone must then be reset or sometimes have the battery removed to get bluetooth to turn on/off again, sometimes twice.

I can pair devices although sometimes it won't detect them first go. Other times it will tell me I have the incorrect PIN even though it is a previously paired device which is being re-paired. When all is paired and connected (bluetiger handsfree headset) calls are fine, audio is good, controls work as expected. Then when in standby the headset will still be connected and the button will answer an incoming call but the audio has reverted back to the handset, very frustrating during this time because trying to reconnect the headset will result in non responsive bluetooth power control and another reset is required.

I tried bluetooth auto connect app which works flawlessly with the headset on my regular phone, Galaxy S2. But to no improvement at all on the X6, infact it made things even more unstable so I uninstalled.

I have read the MTK6592 chip has bluetooth 4.0 and I'm guessing there is protocol issues with older devices but that doesn't account for not being able to turn it on or off, maybe it is more of a ROM/Android issue?

[QUESTIONS]:
1. Is anyone using a bluetooth handsfree with no problems with the X6?
2. Is anyone else having similar problems?

I' ve used two differrent bluetooth headsets with X6 and they seem to work without any problem.
Which Rom do you run?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread