29th November 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #421  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 58

798 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAccount

Is it google maps v9 or higher. You're not allowed to use v9 or higher because it is most likely compiled with NEON support. NEON is a cpu feature we don't have but should. It was standard at the time the tablet was produced. Without some very clever hacking, you'll have to downgrade to v8.(whatever the latest is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibar

Latest Gmaps that works is version 8.4.1

Can be downloaded from apkmirror (among countless of similar sites).

Thanks guys! I just got Maps 8.4.1 and Chrome 38 and it fixed all issues I was seeing.
Only things left:
- Google Now launcher does not like 'OK google'. Read that was a bug
- In Settings, when you go to Performance tab, then a different tab and again go back to Performance... the tab fails to load. Stays as a blank tab.
29th November 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #422  
Flag Underwater, no Sh!t
Thanks Meter: 336

870 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdi1988

Thanks guys! I just got Maps 8.4.1 and Chrome 38 and it fixed all issues I was seeing.
Only things left:
- Google Now launcher does not like 'OK google'. Read that was a bug
- In Settings, when you go to Performance tab, then a different tab and again go back to Performance... the tab fails to load. Stays as a blank tab.

Just hit the thanks button for AAcount- he has been supporting this tablet for very long time- recoveries, kernels, Roms and everything.
15th December 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #423  
Thanks Meter: 5

101 posts
Strange deal with my battery today, read full, unplugged the charger. Normal use for a bit, then the screen times out say after the minute or whatever t was set to. Strange thing is the tab would shut down, like the battery was dead. Happened a few times, was strange. Battery was in the 90s then it wouldn't turn back on. Had to long press the power button to turn back on.
Now screen has been on 3 hours straight, with use. No issues, but I have not shut the screen to off. So my battery seems good.

Any thoughts or opinions here? Or things to try?
P4 wifi
Last edited by JS_racer; 15th December 2014 at 02:24 AM.
17th December 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #424  
Flag Near Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 34

374 posts
More
I have the Onmi installed on my 10.1 Wifi Tab. I am getting force close that read "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process. location has stopped". Also, "Google Play services has stopped". I have tried backing up old ROM and reinstalling Omni/Gapps and still continue to get force close...Please advise.
Yesterday, 09:50 AM   |  #425  
Krasnojarsk
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Question
I have a p4 with A1 kernel. When charging, the performance decreases.
For example antutu v3.4 test 2D:
360 when charging is enabled
400 when charging is disabled
Last edited by 1goodm; Yesterday at 09:53 AM.
Today, 12:02 PM   |  #426  
Flag Vracov
Thanks Meter: 54

155 posts
Donate to Me
More
Voltages tweak
Hi,
guys I've just play with voltage control and it's amazing. The original voltages are too high. So I lower it make some stress test and it's stable and also longer battery life.
Here is image:
Tegra 2 voltage

It's stable up to 1.2GHz, Should be also on 1.4GHz. 1.5GHz and 1.6GHz it wasn't stable on my tab even with stock voltage. But there is little problem 1.2GHz has 1V it's amazing, but 1.4GHz has 1.175V and Tegra 2 has something for voltage control so you have to make at max 100mV steps or it uses stock voltage. I don't know if it is true with this kernel. But 1.2GHz is good enough. I'm using 608MHz-1200Mhz. You can't go lower than 700mV it can go lower on some apps, but it's limited, SetCPU doesn't allow you go under 700MHz.

Also to smoother device.
Set interactive governor at least 600Mhz (if you can get 700mV or 456MHz with 700MHz) up to 1.2GHz or 1.4GHz
In Developers setting set animations to 0.5x all of 3
Force GPU rendering
Disable HW overlays

Hope I helped you
And now my P7500 is much better than it was 3 years ago
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mattthev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 04:05 PM   |  #427  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 18

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodm

I have a p4 with A1 kernel. When charging, the performance decreases.
For example antutu v3.4 test 2D:
360 when charging is enabled
400 when charging is disabled

If it's charging and you're doing a performance test or tasks requiring lots of CPU resources, wouldn't that just make the CPU hotter which usually decreases performance (from getting too hot)? Just my 2 cents

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread