Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Cannot crop photos correctly on Photo Editor

OP EverLost123

19th June 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
EverLost123's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 4
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Hello everyone, i'm having a problem with the photo editor app.

It doesnt matter how much i try, or what settings i choose, i cant manage to crop a photo correctly, as you can see on the screenshot, i can't manage to ''select'' the borders of the picture, that happens with any picturei choose, i can crop freely the ''center'' but the borders, it just can't reach.

Anyone have a solution for this?

EDIT: The cropping section of the photo editor is all having problems , i have lot of difficulty to crop photos, it doesnt matter the proportion

Last edited by EverLost123; 19th June 2014 at 08:21 PM.
20th June 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #2  
HanZie82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 2nd floor still under sea-level.
Thanks Meter: 60
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLost123

Hello everyone, i'm having a problem with the photo editor app.

It doesnt matter how much i try, or what settings i choose, i cant manage to crop a photo correctly, as you can see on the screenshot, i can't manage to ''select'' the borders of the picture, that happens with any picturei choose, i can crop freely the ''center'' but the borders, it just can't reach.

Anyone have a solution for this?

EDIT: The cropping section of the photo editor is all having problems , i have lot of difficulty to crop photos, it doesnt matter the proportion

-img-

Cannot reproduce:
20th June 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #3  
EverLost123's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 4
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82

Cannot reproduce:

So i guess the photo editor is showing the picture full screen instead of adjusting it to the screen, and as the code is written to only maximize to a specific part of the screen, its not reaching the ''full screen'' picture.

So i guess i need to replace with another photo editor APK?
20th June 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #4  
HanZie82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 2nd floor still under sea-level.
Thanks Meter: 60
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLost123

So i guess the photo editor is showing the picture full screen instead of adjusting it to the screen, and as the code is written to only maximize to a specific part of the screen, its not reaching the ''full screen'' picture.

So i guess i need to replace with another photo editor APK?

As soon as i press crop (on the bottom) the picture resizes so i can see all of it.
Hope that is what you meant.

Here a picture just before i pressed crop:
20th June 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #5  
EverLost123's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 4
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82

As soon as i press crop (on the bottom) the picture resizes so i can see all of it.
Hope that is what you meant.

Here a picture just before i pressed crop:

I get the same Han, but the thing is when i press crop, instead of adjusting the picture, it does nothing (just a bit, like 5%)

Here is before crop mode:


This is after crop mode (compare to your first screenshot, the blue crop retangle and then this)

20th June 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #6  
HanZie82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 2nd floor still under sea-level.
Thanks Meter: 60
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLost123

I get the same Han, but the thing is when i press crop, instead of adjusting the picture, it does nothing (just a bit, like 5%)

Looks like its not completely working like it should.
I'm using Andoird 4.4.2 international version.
But only thing i can thing of is a factory reset. Else lets hope there's someone with a good idea how to fix this.

Goodluck!
20th June 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #7  
EverLost123's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 4
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZie82

Looks like its not completely working like it should.
I'm using Andoird 4.4.2 international version.
But only thing i can thing of is a factory reset. Else lets hope there's someone with a good idea how to fix this.

Goodluck!

Can't i just replace the Photo editor Apk?
1st July 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
anybody solved this already? i'm also having this problem.
2nd August 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I have the same problem as you
Please try to tap the left button then select the crop option ..dont use crop option from the edit list..
It works with me..

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Please see attachment
19th December 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #10  
andrewilley's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 117
 
707 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
Was a solution to this problem ever found? I have the same issue, when trying to crop a photo in the default photo editing app on my Note 3, I can't extend the crop area to the extreme left or right of the screen. The crop line sticks about 1cm from the edge of the screen and won't allow me to drag it any wider. Also I can't zoom out far enough to crop to the top or bottom of the photo either (they are obscured by the menu bars).

Andre

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes