Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 3.30.65x.2 | Stock Rooted ROMs | Updated 10.31.14

OP O.M.J

17th December 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #1231  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Can someone with experience help me choose which stable 4.4.4 stock rooted Rom to flash?
I don't get if I should pick odex or deodexed, thats why I need an expert's help
I'm using a Sprint HK edition M8 running 4.4.2 and wish to upgrade to 4.4.4 multilingual if possible. Thanks in advance!
17th December 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #1232  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 93

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwarriorsf

To run the RUU on a S-ON phone should my bootloader be locked or UNlocked? Does my recovery matter?

I was wrong. Re-read your post and saw you were s-on. You will have to relock but twrp isn't an issue as the RUU will Re load stock recovery.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by RonMac; 17th December 2014 at 03:13 PM.
17th December 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #1233  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 7,954

2,691 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YounousID

Can someone with experience help me choose which stable 4.4.4 stock rooted Rom to flash?
I don't get if I should pick odex or deodexed, thats why I need an expert's help
I'm using a Sprint HK edition M8 running 4.4.2 and wish to upgrade to 4.4.4 multilingual if possible. Thanks in advance!

the ROM is odexed from factory, so it is true stock...some people want deodexed if they plan to install mods or themes
19th December 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #1234  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 26

86 posts
More
I'm trying to get my harmon kardon back to stock and nothing on here is working. Im S-ON bootloader unlocked. Cant use the fastboot method. i always get a remote error. When i relock the bootloader and try it again i get a signature check error. tried the HBOOT method and it finds the firmware, looks like its loading, then does nothing. Tried the FUU method. my pc wont even run the program, getting side by side configuration errors. Yes i did install visual c++ and still didnt work. No i do not have another pc, my pockets aren't full of cash. Tried googling other methods but they all link back to this thread. I'm aggravated right now. That stupid lollipop GPE port screwed up my phone from the beginning. I've asked for help on other threads, and what do ya know? No response smh

EDIT: I got it working. I researched some more, and the FUU was written on visual c++ 2008 redist. So you must only have the 2008 distro installed for it to work. You might want to update the OP with that valuable peace of information lol, also for noobs you might want to let them know your bootloader must be relocked for the utility to work using the "fastboot oem lock" command.
Last edited by sirhc; 19th December 2014 at 09:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread