Redmi Note 1W Enhanched / MIUI 37.0.0 Stable Multilanguage / Tapatalk Pro 4.6.2
I followed the instruction on the video posted here. Video by eco sukorno using rootzenfone.
There was something wrong that happened. The step after install, opened RootZenfone.
Got to the part where it warns about rooting. Pressed ok.
The prompts appeared as expected, the Live Demo.
Completed the step.
After that, opened RootZenfone again. Done hacking. Reboot.
I looked for SuperSu, not found.
So I unistalled RootZenfone for the time being, intend to come back to it later.
During the waiting period, the phonepad got notification for firmware update. Can't remember which but it began with the characters WW. So I thought it was a good idea, I had it updated, completed the process, nothing wrong.
Now I came back to RootZenfone. Installed it again. This time the process didn't go to the prompt, the warning about rooting. Went right to the part hacking. Then phonepad reboot. After reboot here is the problem. It won't pass the Assus logo, it hangs there with the rotating dots.
How to recover back to normal settings?
ASUS Android Version 4.4.2 is very hard to root, lucky for others who were able to root using rootzenfone but I was able to root using the method of Mr. Eko Sunaryo and Mr. Alden Roi who gave their contributions in the internet. "Flash Firmware ASUS Fonepad 7 FE170CG (K012)" by Eko Sunaryo and "How to Root ASUS FONEPAD 7 FE170CG Using PC" by Alden Roi. I would like to thank these 2 people in their great contributions in rooting this device. I combined these 2 procedures in rooting this device. This procedure is very long and intended for beginners and I made it step by step procedure.
I Firmware Checking And Downloading
1. Check your firmware code from settings\software information\Build number. Check the code if WW, TW, JP, TR or CN. Mine is WW so I download the second latest update which is "WW_V10.32.1.33.1" and not the latest update which is "WW_V22.214.171.124.2". The firmware you download must be the same code in your fonepad.
2. Make a new folder ASUS FEROOT in C Drive in your PC. Copy the firmware you downloaded to this folder. Extract It and you will get "UL_....user.zip
3. Extract the UL_...user.zip. After extracting, rename the file UL_...user.zip to SD_update.zip
4. Copy the files fastboot.img, boot.img and splashscreen.img to folder ASUS FEROOT. The purpose of these files is to change the bootloader
II FE170CG Root.Zip Downloading And Installing Drivers
1. Download the FE170CG Root.zip form "How To Root ASUS Fonepad 7 FE170CG Using PC"
2. Copy the file to folder ASUS FEROOT & extract it.
3. Open folder adb & copy all its contents except boot.img (Important) to folder ASUS FEROOT.
4. Double click adb_setup_1.3exe and install in your PC.
5. Open folder intelandroiddrvsetup1.1.5 & install IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.1.5exe
6. Copy RootGeniusexe, Superuser.apk and Superuser Folder to ASUS FEROOT Folder.
R E V I E W :
Important: Folder ASUS FEROOT in your PC must contain the following files in order to perform adb and fastboot commands:
2. AdbWin Api.dll
9. Superuser Folder
III Setting Up The Fonepad
1. Go to Settings\Developer options of your fonepad and tick USB debugging
2. Go to Settings\Security\Tick Unknown Sources
3. Settings\Wifi\ Forget Network, Bluetooth Off
4. Settings\More\Mobile Network\Data Enabled Off ( No Check)
5. Quick Settings Airplane Mod On, GPS Off, Autosync Off
IV Downgrading Fonepad's Firmware Or Software Using ADB And Fasboot Commands
1. Connect your Fonepad to PC using USB cable
2. Right click Computer, Click Manage, Double Click Device Manager
3. Click triangle of Android Device and if you see ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface then you are ready to root your device
4. Copy the file SD_update.zip to MicroSD of your Fonepad & not to Internal Memory (Very Important!)
5. Click the circle (start) window logo located at the down-left of your screen and type cmd and enter. You will be in Windows Command Prompt
6. Change Directory by typing cd C:\ASUS FEROOT and enter
7. Type adb devices and enter and tick your fonepad to accept commands from PC. You will see your adb device number.
8. Type adb reboot-bootloader and press enter. You will see your bootloader in your fonepad. Method is better than using the Press Power & Volume Up Method.
9. Type fastboot devices and enter to check for fastboot device number
10. Type fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img and enter
11. Type fastboot flash boot boot.img and enter
12. Type fastboot flash splashscreen splashscreen.img and enter
13. Type fastboot erase cache and enter
14. Type fastboot reboot-bootloader and enter. (You will see a different bootloader compared to bootloader of 4.4.2)
15. Fonepad still connected to PC. Using volume keys go to SD Update & press power button. Your fonepad will install the firmware you downloaded. Wait for it to finish. Will boot itself automatically. Now you have a new software
16. Fill up the ASUS Log In. Don't unplug the USB Cable.
17. Repeat Procedure III From 1-5 - Very Important!
V Rooting The Fonepad 7
1. With the USB still connected again I repeat to make sure USB Debugging On and strictly follow the steps of III (1-5).
2. Go to PC, ASUS FEROOT Folder & right click RootGenius.exe as Administrator
3. Right click Superuser Folder from ASUS FEROOT and click copy
4. Pres Ctrl-Alt-Del and click Taskbar
5. Look for shuame and right click and click location
6. Delete Superuser Folder from shuame and right click and paste Superuser Folder
7. Click Root from Root Genius and wait for it to finish. Lucky if you can do it once only.
8. If not successful on first attempt, don't unplug the cable, repeat steps 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9. Do this until root successful
10. If successful, check folder of Fonepad if Superuser is present and click it.
11. If not present, copy Superuser.apk to MicroSD and install
12. Download RootChecker from Playstore to check if rooted
VI Removing The Live Demo Problem Which Is Irritating
1. Install RootExplorer from Playstore or from any download site.
2. Open RootExplorer and click to grant access permanently from Superuser
3. Go to system\app. Click RW to change to RO
4. Look for all ASUS Live Demo.apk and rename all the 4 files by changing apk to old and adding old to other files. Don't delete, maybe you need the files someday.
5. Reboot your fonepad and Unplug the USB Cable
Congratulations you have rooted your device and no more Live Demo Problem. Just Hit The Thanks Button If I Helped You. Feel Free To Asks Questions. Although this procedure is long but it is the safest way.
It is a Bootloop, my friend.. I experienced them like 50 times already. I think improper root methods has caused these to happen. To recover, I try multiple times to factory reset (pressing and hold power + up volume button when booting) and wipe data, then reinstall the previous image ROM file. It'll go from error to errors,I don't know why, but after 3 to 5 attempts I finally got it recovered.
Sent from my K012 using XDA Free mobile app
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|