Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Invalid Version info in HBOOT

OP ardsar

18th December 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagoweb

yep you should do that if you were s-off. while s-on you can't downgrade.

firmware would be the same as bios... that's the idea. but in fact it is much more.
a firm comes from otas which typically contains those partitions:
- bootloader
- radio
- recovery
- boot
- system

the firms posted around contains the two first partitions.

what you could try is flash the stock recovery, and a stock boot & system image and wait to see if an ota is coming.

EDIT : or while stock pay 25$ to s-off. and then you could flash whatever firm you want. by the way you seem to only need a radio.img (this is one which is invalid

great info mate, thanks

but where can I get the radio.img and OpenDSP.img alone. Also, I didn't quite understand the following "or while stock pay 25$ to s-off."
Last edited by tw10; 18th December 2014 at 06:14 PM.
18th December 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #42  
pagoweb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw10

great info mate, thanks but where can I get the radio.img and OpenDSP.img alone.

in OTA.zip from your carrier that's been posted somewhere, or by waiting for OTA with stock recovery / boot / system images.
that's the hard part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw10

Also, I didn't quite understand the following "or while stock pay 25$ to s-off."

just meant when you boot into stock rom. use sunshine to s-off and pay if it says your device is compatible... it is worth it. sunshine needs stock (or close to) stock roms to succeed its hack. don't update befor sunshine (as the exploit sunshine uses have been patched in the latest updates from htc). that's all.
18th December 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #43  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,246
 
4,517 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw10

great info mate, thanks

but where can I get the radio.img and OpenDSP.img alone. Also, I didn't quite understand the following "or while stock pay 25$ to s-off."

So your still pretty much on my post 27 ... find the firmware or the OTA.zip
I'm guessing just the radio will not fix your problem

The firmware / stock recovery and radio are all in this zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712461258

download that and remove the firmware.zip from it to your fastboot folder
then to flash it

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip <2 times if it ask to flush the image again>
fastboot reboot
Last edited by clsA; 18th December 2014 at 09:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #44  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagoweb

in OTA.zip from your carrier that's been posted somewhere, or by waiting for OTA with stock recovery / boot / system images.
that's the hard part.


just meant when you boot into stock rom. use sunshine to s-off and pay if it says your device is compatible... it is worth it. sunshine needs stock (or close to) stock roms to succeed its hack. don't update befor sunshine (as the exploit sunshine uses have been patched in the latest updates from htc). that's all.

"that's the hard part" ohhhh yeah, now I can understand the frustration everyone has
18th December 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #45  
pagoweb's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
@tw10 Less frustration for you as the hard part has gone :

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

The firmware / stock recovery and radio are all in this zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712461258

Last edited by pagoweb; 18th December 2014 at 10:41 PM.
Today, 04:00 AM   |  #46  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

So your still pretty much on my post 27 ... find the firmware or the OTA.zip
I'm guessing just the radio will not fix your problem

The firmware / stock recovery and radio are all in this zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712461258

download that and remove the firmware.zip from it to your fastboot folder
then to flash it

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip <2 times if it ask to flush the image again>
fastboot reboot

Thanks ,
seeing I need the warranty back, I believe I'll need to flash the firmware in the following order...PLEASE correct me if wrong:

1. Achieve S-OFF status using Sunshine
2. Flash the Firmware( I take it this also returns the phone to Stock recovery?(these terms always confuse me..Firmware/Stock-Recovery))
3. Re-lock the Boot-loader
Last edited by tw10; Today at 04:07 AM.
Today, 04:37 AM   |  #47  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,246
 
4,517 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw10

Thanks ,
seeing I need the warranty back, I believe I'll need to flash the firmware in the following order...PLEASE correct me if wrong:

1. Achieve S-OFF status using Sunshine
2. Flash the Firmware( I take it this also returns the phone to Stock recovery?(these terms always confuse me..Firmware/Stock-Recovery))
3. Re-lock the Boot-loader

what warranty ? flashing the firmware should fix your phone ... done

Edit sorry forgot you had a blown speaker

yes you'll need s-off to get rid of the tampered and return your phone to Locked / not relocked

You can use the super guide here to get back to stock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082
Last edited by clsA; Today at 04:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 05:06 AM   |  #48  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

what warranty ? flashing the firmware should fix your phone ... done

Edit sorry forgot you had a blown speaker

yes you'll need s-off to get rid of the tampered and return your phone to Locked / not relocked

You can use the super guide here to get back to stock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082

going through the guide now, THANKS for your patience and efforts mate

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes