FORUMS

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

[Q] How fast does it the charging dock actually charge?

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By xAjCx, Senior Member on 28th May 2014, 08:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th October 2014, 04:35 PM |#21  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 49

More
250V 2.5A adapter to dock. Roughly 2-3 hours from flat to full. Using official z dock.

Sent from my Xperia Z2

5th November 2014, 01:53 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
how about the cables.
I'm planning to buy a quick charger for my Z3. Maybe i'll buy this one. I just want to know, what cable should i use? or will the default cable of the Z3 would enable quick charge? Here is the charger i'm planning to buy. Is quick charge cable dependent as well? can't find any post about the cables.

http://www.pure-gear.com/extreme-usb...arger-849.html
20th December 2014, 04:48 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[QUOTE=infinitylook;56508805]I'm planning to buy a quick charger for my Z3. Maybe i'll buy this one. I just want to know, what cable should i use? or will the default cable of the Z3 would enable quick charge? Here is the charger i'm planning to buy. Is quick charge cable dependent as well? can't find any post about the cables.

It doesnt matter the brand of charger. I built my own charger station. A i got a 12v power supply and 12 to 5.75v 30 watt refucers. Its good for 6amps. I cant pump more than 5,75 volts without the phone charging circuit shutting down. The only thing I can't figure out is the two data cables. I have them shorted together in the most I can get out of it is 1.6 amps. I don't know if or what voltage is those wires need to be to pass the 1.6 threshold. For instance my samsung tab likes to see 1.2 volts at the two data cables to activate fast charge. If not it wont charge at full rate. With the two cables together it only pulls about one amp. if you guys could figure out what the data cables voltage requirements are I'd like to see if we can pass 1.6 amps. 5.75 volts is the most I can pump into the phone safely without overheating it and causing the charging to shut down. What basically happens is if you pass that the phone literally stops charging and no matter what you do it will refuse a charge. Over time that will reset and then you can continue charging. Also found I get the same charge rate over USB and over the charging port on the side of the phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-20-11-37-35.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	3073542  
The Following User Says Thank You to ivancaicedo237 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging dock, fast, slow, sony, xperia z2
Previous Thread Next Thread