Ask a question

No registration required

Porting Android Auto to existing Windows CE car headunits

OP sykozylot

26th June 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

82 posts
Hey folks. Apologies if this is in the wrong area. Now that Android Auto is announced (http://www.android.com/auto/), I know there are lots of folks with Windows CE-based car headunits. I'm wondering if we could start a conversation about getting Android Auto set up on those head units. I have no idea what would be involved, but I want to see if it's a possibility for discussion.
9th December 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 547

2,359 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would also be interested in this if it is possible to port it to other windows or Microsoft based systems.
14th December 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 112

115 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah I'm bumping this for sure - I've got Microsoft Sync in mine, but it's the non-touch version, so I'm not sure if Android Auto could be configured for that hardware...
Yesterday, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

62 posts
You can pretty much forget about this idea right now guys. Even the most advanced and most recent CE head units use hardware that is so outdated that even 1st gen android phones look cutting edge in comparsion (typically 400-800mhz single core processors and 128-256mb of ram). Even if it was somehow done it would be a serious pain in the behind to use.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread