Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROOT] Saferoot: VZW SCH-I435 (& others), no Kingo, will NOT trip KNOX (0x0)

OP postal302

5th October 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Hello, I've googled a bit and I'm finding nothing on how to flash the KOT49H S4 mini from verizon. I tried the root method listed in the first post but it said my kernel was patched. Is this the end of the line for me or is there an alternative that works? I saw another method that required firmware images but it looked like that was for a different version of the S4 mini and not the i435 from Verizon.
12th October 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRB01

I tried the root method listed in the first post but it said my kernel was patched. Is this the end of the line for me or is there an alternative that works? I saw another method that required firmware images but it looked like that was for a different version of the S4 mini and not the i435 from Verizon.

I was (and currently am) on KOT49H, for my i435. I used towelroot, and it was painless.
16th December 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Is there presently a way to re-root or keep root after updating to the newly-available 5.0 or 5.0.1 update OTA or through Kies?
16th December 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #144  

2 posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by: AbanadonedFace

Is there presently a way to re-root or keep root after updating to the newly-available 5.0 or 5.0.1 update OTA or through Kies?

I'm looking at my TowelRooted VZW SCH-I435 (4.4.2) (kernal version 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD3013 #1 Fri May 23 23:07:04 KST 2014) (build number KOT49H.I435VRUBNE1) with NOX still intact as it constantly spams you have updates available over and over refusing to let me do much of anything but update ... but I don't wish to lose my root... I'd rather it be outdated and rooted then lose all my functionality .... what should I do? fight past all the popups? .. or just give in? Has someone figured something out?

Will TowelRoot still work after the update? Can it be reapplied after update and still succeed?

I just got this phone not too long ago .. it replaced my Galaxy S 1 (fascinate) that i kept rooted and rom'd for years ( Thank you XDA Community! )
Yesterday, 11:57 AM   |  #145  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by override1984

I'm looking at my TowelRooted VZW SCH-I435 (4.4.2) (kernal version 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD3013 #1 Fri May 23 23:07:04 KST 2014) (build number KOT49H.I435VRUBNE1) with NOX still intact as it constantly spams you have updates available over and over refusing to let me do much of anything but update ... but I don't wish to lose my root... I'd rather it be outdated and rooted then lose all my functionality .... what should I do? fight past all the popups? .. or just give in? Has someone figured something out?

Will TowelRoot still work after the update? Can it be reapplied after update and still succeed?

I just got this phone not too long ago .. it replaced my Galaxy S 1 (fascinate) that i kept rooted and rom'd for years ( Thank you XDA Community! )

What I did for the moment is used a free app called App Quarantine to freeze the "SDM" process. I had to go to the menu and check an option allowing system processes to be shown in the list. No more update notifications.

God damn do I hate VZW and Samsung after trying to do stuff with this phone. Everything is closed off. Can't even use the device as mass storage. None of the ROMs are ever available for the SCH-i435, it's always the other carriers' models of the phone. Will not ever be renewing a Verizon Wireless contract as long as I live.
Last edited by AbanadonedFace; Yesterday at 12:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AbanadonedFace For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:58 PM   |  #146  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbanadonedFace

What I did for the moment is used a free app called App Quarantine to freeze the "SDM" process. I had to go to the menu and check an option allowing system processes to be shown in the list. No more update notifications.

God damn do I hate VZW and Samsung after trying to do stuff with this phone. Everything is closed off. Can't even use the device as mass storage. None of the ROMs are ever available for the SCH-i435, it's always the other carriers' models of the phone. Will not ever be renewing a Verizon Wireless contract as long as I live.

Awesome thanks for the tip at least I can use my phone in peace!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
no knox, root, sch-i435, without kingo
Previous Thread Next Thread