OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 526

666 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip_rhoades

People,

I have been experimenting a lot with various ROMS almost from since when I first bought the N7000 and it has been an interesting and worthwhile experience. Mostly I have been using CyanogenMod in the last year. However, I have also had lots of overheating problems - I keep getting a pleasant female voice saying "Your battery is overheating!" - I'm pretty sure it is not the battery - the heat is coming from the electronics between the battery and the camera. In any case, I am probably due for a newer, bigger phone - I was hoping the Note 4 would be at least 6" but was disappointed . . I want to keep the N7000 as an emergency and backup phone - WITHOUT the heating problems but WITH rooting. I remember it was a real pain (and a scary experience!) to get the initial rooting and the first custom ROM going and I thought it would be nice if I could just zap back the original stock ROM, but one that someone has already rooted. I couldn't find any such beast after looking around for a while so presume it doesn't exist. Is there a quick and easy alternative option? If not, I guess I will just have to do the "real" stock ROM.

Thanks,

Phil.

Sorry, but why did you post this here? It has nothing to do with how to flash KitKat...
9th December 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
Sorry - I was reading this post and I am going FROM KK back to stock - it can be moved to wherever is appropriate . .
Thanks,
Phil.
16th December 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Unhappy Network Service Unstable after upgrade JB 4.1.2 into Kitkat
Hi Guys... Need more guide for me the newbie please...
I 've tried to upgrade my GT-N7000 (DXLSE - JELLYBEAN) to some kitkat rom such as omnirom, cm, carbon etc, and it all installed successly...
But there was always problem with my network services, its very unstable (No service / No Internet Connection) but wifi connection is normal
When i reflash (reinstall) back to JellyBean (4.1.2), every problem above has gone, there is no network problem in my GT-N7000...
I 've been tried every step as your guide above (flash kitkat rom), the same problem always happened (network problem)... please help... i really want the kitkat rom in my GT-N7000... Thx Guys...

My Android Stuff is :
GT-N7000 (DXLSE)
JellyBean 4.1.2
17th December 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #94  
Flag Simi Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 4,333

5,446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswery

Hi Guys... Need more guide for me the newbie please...
I 've tried to upgrade my GT-N7000 (DXLSE - JELLYBEAN) to some kitkat rom such as omnirom, cm, carbon etc, and it all installed successly...
But there was always problem with my network services, its very unstable (No service / No Internet Connection) but wifi connection is normal
When i reflash (reinstall) back to JellyBean (4.1.2), every problem above has gone, there is no network problem in my GT-N7000...
I 've been tried every step as your guide above (flash kitkat rom), the same problem always happened (network problem)... please help... i really want the kitkat rom in my GT-N7000... Thx Guys...

My Android Stuff is :
GT-N7000 (DXLSE)
JellyBean 4.1.2

This is outside the scope of this thread. Go to the q&a help thread.

Nonetheless, did you set your APN?

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk
17th December 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Thanks Bro.. I am moving in to Q & A Help Now
I ve set the APN... but the problem still the same...
Anyway... Thanks Bro.. I am moving in to Q & A Help Now...
20th December 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #96  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 25

624 posts
More
Quote:

People,
Is there a quick and easy alternative option? If not, I guess I will just have to do the "real" stock ROM.

Thanks,

Phil.

I think you are looking for Arya ROM.
20th December 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbobb

I think you are looking for Arya ROM.

Thanks! I have installed it and it looks good so far . .

Why did KitKat cause so much overheating on this phone? I usually had to keep it on "sleep" mode (phone and text enabled but all networking off) to prevent overheating - which didn't let me use too many apps . . and it would happen even when I killed unwanted running apps. Sometimes the "Your battery is overheating!" voice message would happen soon after turning on WiFi or data mode . .
20th December 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #98  
Flag Simi Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 4,333

5,446 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks! I have installed it and it looks good so far . .

Why did KitKat cause so much overheating on this phone? I usually had to keep it on "sleep" mode (phone and text enabled but all networking off) to prevent overheating - which didn't let me use too many apps . . and it would happen even when I killed unwanted running apps. Sometimes the "Your battery is overheating!" voice message would happen soon after turning on WiFi or data mode . .

Ask in Q&A.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread