Thread Deleted

[BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit - ACHIEVED!!!!!

OP Demiurge7

Today, 07:32 PM
Thanks Meter: 52

361 posts
Anyone see this? Devs, is this something that may be useful in the quest for figuring out the bootloader?

http://www.fredericb.info/2014/12/qp...teger.html?m=1
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to btonetbone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 08:03 PM
Thanks Meter: 242

753 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerdarkseid

Probably the best way this should have been handled was to work quietly behind the scenes. Pm a few respected devs and rc's to test and once we have something then drop it on everyone. It would have kept this thread under control and people would not be questioning the validity of what he's working on or not working on. At this point I don't know what to think.

Exactly!

People will
always be skeptical when selling a half baked cake when a new recipe is being used.

" be the first to get it while it's hot come pre-purchase now! ".... Not me, especially if you don't know if it's poisoned yet.

Not being a debbie downer, just good business and common sense.
Today, 08:22 PM
Recognized Contributor
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 4,761

1,836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone

Anyone see this? Devs, is this something that may be useful in the quest for figuring out the bootloader?

http://www.fredericb.info/2014/12/qp...teger.html?m=1

There would have to be something in the trustzone that would allow a bootloader unlock, which I don't think there is in s5 tz from memory. Instead if a dev was committed I could see it being used to write a null value to the module checks and a null value to the selinux is enforcing check thus allowing modules and /dev/mem access. But that's wishful thinking at best.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 08:44 PM
Thanks Meter: 5

60 posts
Can't wait to see unlocked bootloader. Keep working on it and let your work speak for itself. I understand there is some doubt. If it does work, I hope the same people who are quick to write something negative, will be even quicker to retract the negative and write something positive. Let's give him a chance and wait to see if it really works instead of jumping all over him before he releases it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bounty, exploit, galaxys5, root, verizon