Ask a question

No registration required

Official Sony Z2 Tablet Case

OP HarpingOn

31st August 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
i really like this case, it is very practical; but it sure is noticeably heavy.......
9th September 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #52  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
The design of the cases is definitely beautiful. But it's too heavy and the quality started to deteriorate pretty quickly for me
13th September 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #53  
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
Hello to all the owners, how do you clean the inside of the case which is covering the display - the part with the punching? Once I was trying to swipe something away with my finger and it left a noticable trace on the surface, fortunately it disappeared in a few hours.
16th September 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 41

181 posts
I use water soap and a soft sponge to clean the case every 2-4 weeks

Sent from my SGP511 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to schurgatzi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #55  
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
While we're at it, how do you clean the back side of the tablet, the same way?
19th September 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 15

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakened77

While we're at it, how do you clean the back side of the tablet, the same way?

Cleaning is tricky for the spotted part, I havnt even attempted, The only con really is the imprint left by the spotted side on the screen, and the bulk, but the bulk can be sorted depending on how you hold it (cover resting on something)
20th September 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #57  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 13

109 posts
More
I'm also liking the Official Sony case. Lots of stand options, looks really nice, quality is solid, and offers descent protection. I've used many other cheaper cases and they're alright, but just feel a few steps behind.

There is a little bulk and weight added, but that goes for any case. Especially with a tablet that's so freakin thin and light on its own.
24th October 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 5

20 posts
Recently brought a Xperia Tablet Z2 after hearing PS4 remote play will also come to the tablet so the Tablet Z original Sony case got discounted in Holland and I brought a red one for just €1,- and a white one for €5,-, put the red one on the Tablet Z and gave it to my lovely wife and modified the white one for the Tablet Z2.

So everything is almost the same between the Tablet Z and Z2 only the volume button is placed different and the original Tablet Z is thicker so I made it compatible with the Tablet Z2 so just want it to share so it is possible to use with the Tablet Z2.
Also one down note smart/wake up also isn't function, but I am happy with it untill the original one get discounted here and there .

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/10n8ikp/8

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/14kfzp1/8

http://nl.tinypic.com/r/21n3a5s/8
Last edited by whatwhatster; 1st November 2014 at 01:32 AM.
27th November 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #59  
Flag Enfield
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
More
Audio Headphone use
I just received mine.

I'm happy to report that with some headphones with L-shaped 3.5mm jacks (I have Sennheiser IE8s), the case can be used in the more stable of the "upright" configurations - the one that doesn't rely on balancing the bottom edge of the tablet on the small ridge on the front of the case (which I wouldn't imagine would stay put if used on a train or plane table).

There is a tiny amount of clearance between the headphone jack and the desk, though I think that as the material of the case flexes over time and the hinges become less rigid, the headphones might end up touching the desk. Probably not enough to ever cause concern though.

Overall I'm happy with the case. I'll probably continue to use the tablet without it at home, as it's considerably heavier with it on, and less comfortable for prolonged graphic novel reading sessions. For travel however, it's much more convenient than my previous solution, which was a separate stand (AmazonBasics - http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics.../dp/B006ZT4VA0) and a 1 neoprene case.

The Amazon stand is excellent by the way, I just prefer to carry as few things as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-27 09.39.51.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	3036236   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-27 09.40.07.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	3036237  
Last edited by FluidDruid; 27th November 2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Today, 12:56 AM   |  #60  
Flag Newtown
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
More
Hi, I have one of these on my Z2 phone, is there anything like this for the Z2 tablet?

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread