T-Mobile Kit Kat is here! Updated with link to latest version D80120G

OP Howie Dub

19th December 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #711  
Thanks Meter: 9

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebar71

Start the update process with LG Support tool. Then when it is attempting to reboot the phone into download mode and fails, disconnect from USB and follow the procedure to manually put the phone in download mode. Then with the phone in download mode, reconnect USB and click retry. It will pick up where it left off and flash.

I try to put the phone in download mode by pressing up and power with the device off, but it just boots the phone

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Gr33nJ1p; 19th December 2014 at 11:30 PM.
19th December 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #712  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 117

318 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nJ1p

I try to put the phone in download mode by pressing up and power with the device off, but it just boots the phone

Well, I don't know what to tell you about that. You've gotta get it into download mode. I think I had trouble as well, but my phone was still rooted prior, so I was able to use the power menu to reboot to download mode. I think I've read that KK bootloader has a different button sequence. But I don't know what it is.

20th December 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #713  
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nJ1p

Hold volume up and then plug in your usb. Keep holding volume up until it says download mode. You don't have to press the power button at all. Then once you are in download mode, start LG Support Tool and upgrade recovery.

That's what I did and it worked fine. Rooted with stump root, custom recovery with autorec. Then I had to fix the white lines and knock on, but I have to do that every update with this phone.

Good luck with the updating!
The Following User Says Thank You to brettsmods For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #714  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 208

1,198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettsmods

That's what I did and it worked fine. Rooted with stump root, custom recovery with autorec. Then I had to fix the white lines and knock on, but I have to do that every update with this phone.

did you have custom recovery installed before you took the update?
21st December 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #715  
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin

did you have custom recovery installed before you took the update?

Yes. If you take the OTA, it will get stuck in a boot loop, but if you do it though the LG Support Tool, it replaces the recovery and updates fine. You just lose root and recovery.
21st December 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #716  
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Anyone knows after 20g update why can't i root my phone by stump root and towel root ?? I'm really depressed as my phone as working superb before while rooted. Now i curse the update since I've lost root. Please any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st December 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #717  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 117

318 posts
More
My D801 rooted fine with Stump root in 20g. Stump will tell you that your device is not supported. Let it brute force. It will take about 5 minutes or so.

21st December 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #718  
Thanks Meter: 9

18 posts
FIX
I figured out the fix for rerooting with stump root after the OTA if stump root says device is already rooted. Its not necessary to flash KDZ or put phone in download mode.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...-mode-t2979318

The Following User Says Thank You to Gr33nJ1p For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread