OP danielcbit

16th December 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #201  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 919

6,880 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have an ouya and i don't like the controllers. I like the PlayStation Dpad location and setup, especially for epsxe and SNES.

The Red Samurai from GameStop is $12 and pairs great. The Nyko PlayPad Pro is the same controller as the official AFTV one.

The only issue with the samurai is that the button mapping for the triggers don't match the official gamepad so Terrarria and some others don't work without root. Emulators can just remap.

So those 2 would be my choices. Nyko Gamepad Pro being the best choice if you can find one.
16th December 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #202  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Received my Ouya controller yesterday, paired, no problems. Working great with Asphalt. But it does not work with Minecraft, any tips ?
17th December 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #203  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati

6,880 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am about to give up on my red samurai controller. First one worked great except the left analog only worked diagonally. Replaced with another and it won't hold a charge. Works plugged in but shuts off immediately when unplugged.

So test out thoroughly.
19th December 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #204  

12 posts
I bought two Red Samurai from GameStop. They both pair, however I can't seem to use both the emulators I have tried.
What mode is everyone using "K" or "G" mode(bottum of controller). I have mine on "G"
I tried Mupen64Free and RetroArch. Neither let me enable a 2nd controller. And both controllers seem to see the select as "back" and the start as "enter" buttons.
Any tips would be helpful...
19th December 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #205  
Thanks Meter: 3

98 posts
I have same problem with Red Samurai, I'm trying to use Genesis/N64/Snex/PS1 Emulators and without being able to reprogram Start I'm lost. does the Nyko Propad Plus, Logitech F710, or PS4 Dualshock have this issue? and which of the 3 will work will all emulators. Trying to find a Kid friendly solution that once it's programmed it'll work consistently.
Last edited by mike2246; 19th December 2014 at 08:26 PM.
20th December 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #206  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2246

I have same problem with Red Samurai, I'm trying to use Genesis/N64/Snex/PS1 Emulators and without being able to reprogram Start I'm lost. does the Nyko Propad Plus, Logitech F710, or PS4 Dualshock have this issue? and which of the 3 will work will all emulators. Trying to find a Kid friendly solution that once it's programmed it'll work consistently.

Which emulators are you using? The emulators made by the .emu guy all have the ability to remap controls on a per device basis (so that you can remap start and select and such on the controller while still retaining those functions on the remote. For those four systems I use MD.emu, Mupen64plus, SNES9X EX, and EPSXE. All of those should allow you to remap start no problem.
20th December 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #207  

12 posts
Ok on mupen64, I had to use a mouse enabled device to physically click on the off/on button to turn on 2 controller. Just selecting it with remote never turns it to on. Mapping works for the red samurai....
I hope I can get retro arch working, as it seems easier to use one app for all, instead of multiple apps.
Yesterday, 05:37 AM   |  #208  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati

6,880 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2246

Honestly if you wanting a kid friendly dedicated emulator machine then get an Ouya. Supports multiple controllers out of the box and pairs easily with PS3 and Xbox and all Bluetooth controllers. The ouya is hands down the best gaming box I've found that just works.

The fire TV stick is great for travel but picky on getting everything to work. Seems some apps work with certain gamepads and others work with others. I loved the feel and ease of pairing the Red Samauri. I might keep it around for my Ouya.

I just bought a Nyko Playpad Pro but haven't tested it on the Fire TV yet. Worked fine on my Nexus 7 with Snesx. I get a minimal response delay on both the Nyko and Samauri in super Mario world. Mario games are great for testing delay times. I don't experience this on the Ouya.

Update
Just tested my Nkyo Pro and it works great. I didnt fully test everything but terraria works as expected with the trigger issue I had with the Samsuri.

Overall I like the Samuri feel better... reminds me of a PS3. Felt great in hand and in game. The Nyko feels like a 360 controller and kind of clunky. Feedback on the buttons arent the best. Seems I have to push down pretty hard to get the buttons to register. They may losen up over time. The joysticks feels good on both.

Mouse mode works great on the Nyko. Great option to have on the fire stick for traveling and web browsing.

The Samsuri has keyboard mode and Gamepad mode. I had to actually pair using both modes for it to work. The difference is keyboard mode would work better for mapping probably as each button is assigned a letter off a keyboard. Up = W vs Up = Up in gamepad mode. Might possibly be the way you need to setup 2 controllers; 1 set to G and ths other set to K.
Last edited by player911; Yesterday at 07:35 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fire tv, gamepad
Previous Thread Next Thread