Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: did it work for you?
yes 79 46.47%
no 39 22.94%
i will try 37 21.76%
i don't want to risk 15 8.82%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

[DS&SS]swap sd card on 4.2/4.3/4.4 (UB) updated for (LB)

OP zeyad xu

5th December 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #391  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
is there anyone that has managed to solve about double pictures and music on gallery and music player?

sorry for my bad english
6th December 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #392  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 15

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek verma

I flashed this when I was on Archidroid. Although it successfully swapped the memories. When I installed and big games with obb files none of them ran correctly (When opened they began to download game data as if they cannot find their obb files). So to remove the swap I deleted the extsd2internalsd file from etc>init.d.

Now, although the swap was removed the Gallery app says "No external storage found". This was not happening until I removed swap. Then I again swapped, the error was removed. When I again removed it, the error again started to occur!
I finally wiped cache partition with no gain, did a factory reset, no change, flashed and reflashed cyanogenmod nightly, nothing happened, I even restored one of my oldest backup with no benefit.

I am currently on Cyanogenmod 11 nightly, and the error is there and I cannot access Gallery, cannot download anything from chrome and more undiscovered problems are there. How to remove the swap properly? Please help!

whoa.. i had this problem too on cm12
try to wipe SYSTEM, data, and cache, then re-flash the rom from INTERNAL sdcard using your custom recovery
it worked for me, hope this will help~
Last edited by monster.kancut; 6th December 2014 at 04:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to monster.kancut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #393  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RintSo

is there anyone that has managed to solve about double pictures and music on gallery and music player?

sorry for my bad english

Just move all of your media file (picture, music, video) to 0 folder. And create
.nomedia file in 1 folder (ext sdcard).

Sorry for my bad English :/
The Following User Says Thank You to siabangichsan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #394  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siabangichsan

Just move all of your media file (picture, music, video) to 0 folder. And create
.nomedia file in 1 folder (ext sdcard).

Sorry for my bad English :/

thankx
10th December 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #395  
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
Thanks
Worked
17th December 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #396  
Thanks Meter: 8

52 posts
More
Heeeeeeeeelp
while installing apps it says "Insufficient Storage" even after flashing the script .. the Storage has already swapped .. Just Installing apps is a problem !
17th December 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #397  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adneon0

while installing apps it says "Insufficient Storage" even after flashing the script .. the Storage has already swapped .. Just Installing apps is a problem !

swap it just replace the internal storage ( sdcard0 ) to external ( sdcard1 ). So APK's will remain in internal (system partition ) . Use link2sd to move it .
link2sd + swap its perfect combination #IMHO

*sorry for my english.
Today, 06:28 AM   |  #398  
Thanks Meter: 37

39 posts
I solved duplicate image and music by swapping sdcard1 with sdcard0 directory and then hide the real external sdcard directory (sdcard0)
My method: move all your data storaged in internal memory to your sdcard (root of sdcard, NOT "0" folder) and then flash this: ext2int_nui.zip
Never use unmount or mount sdcard in Settings

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread