OP WinSuk

22nd December 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #91  
Sainan
Thanks Meter: 39

273 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesidecake

I just want to express my appreciation for your hard work. Hopefully you will read it.

HTC aria has been my phone for 4 years. The first rom I used, the stock rom: android 2.2.2 at&t, had a lot of limitations and restrictions , like not allowing users to enable unknown resources mode. I managed to get rid of that and succesfully rooted my phone but the rom still functioned badly so I tried to flash some new roms. The first one I use was the official cm 7. That time I still didnt know this site so I kept myself using that rom. Then I got a reference to this site and read about your thread of . At first, I thought it was some jokes cause this model (htc aria) was really old and outdated, its storage was limited but there was really someone making efforts to make a rom based on android 4.x for this phone? I firstly suspected, but then still try out your roms, starting with cm 9. The rom was good, it was based on android 4.0.4, the first version of android 4.x, so I could install lots of apps that werent compatible with my stock rom or cm 7. Then I moved on to cm 10.2, another your created by you, it ran quite well, even though lags still appeared sometimes when i opened a big size app, and there were some problems when I tried to edit my contact information that didnt work. After I installed a theme (not launcher) and reboot, the phone was stuck at boot screen. So then I tested out your cm 10.3. Editing contact information no longer crashed in cm 10.3, rom worked fine. I used it for a month but after gapps broke down, I flashed cm 11 (which I'm currently using). This is the best rom if compared with all previous one I had used. After some customisations (greenifying apps, not installing google apps,...), rom functioned pretty smoothly. The time to open some big apps for htc aria (for example: office suite pro 8, evernote, clean master, OALD 3.6.17,... and all these apps have been both moved and linked to SD card. I'm using link2sd and I mounted the 2nd partition of my 8 GB sd card and linked all possible app to sd card so as to solve the storage limit problems, as I installed about 30 apps) is MUCH faster than it was when I used cm 9 and 10. The performance is enhanced a lot and this is the first time I really dont feel annoying because of lags. And now cm 11 is officially on the androidarmv6 project so there will be lots of updates for this rom.

It's now still my main device until at least next year when i decide buy a new one (maybe some desire models of htc as I'm a huge loyal fan of it. I am now also using an ipad but iOS is quite restricted and lack a lot of customisation that android has, and it also contain some bugs with browsing internet and also because I love the "openness" of android as I can do whatever I want, no barriers at all, I guess I will stick myself to android for a long time (and this htc aria too). Hopefully you will keep building others great things for this mobile.

Once again, thank you a lot for your great contribution and your superb roms you've made.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Also there are still some bugs existing in cm 11 : transparency doesn't work even if I enable "force high-end graphics", it only enables transparency for navigation bar, not status bar (I love navigation bar so I have already enable it); gravity box, a marvelous tweak using exposed framework is not fully working in cm 11 ( like remapping navigation keys using gravity box doesn't always function properly); keyboard lacks options for flow typing. I hope these bugs will be fixed some time.

Too long, didn't read +1 anyway

@WinSuk I've tried the way you mentioned, but the camera still doesn't work for my device (Xperia E)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread