OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 464

2,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmamerica

Hehe Im user your installer but after install I try to install D801 instead of D800. Its a long history, its a D801 TMobile. The rare thing, in back side also says d802. The phone is accepting the d800. But not the d801. Actually I really dont know whats the exact model of this phone. When I put d801 custom on it, the phone dead after that and just enter fastboot mode.

-Edit- It was a d801 with d800 original from u on it. Now its a d801 with just fastboot and download mode

So, you cannot now flash D800 back on it while in Download Mode?
19th December 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #252  
Flag Northern California

2,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

As with everyone else sits at Ready and does nothing. Im on stock rooted 20u rom, debugging enabled, drivers installed....

No, I cant install a custom rom of any sort because I'm having a weird TWRP issue nobody has an answer to that it can't access /data so NOTHING flashes.

Did you pull the cable and plug it back in when it's sitting on Ready? If the phone is hanging, maybe try restarting the Flash Tool again without disconnecting the phone.

These are just off the cuff suggestions. I'm not really sure why it's not working. The TWRP issue makes it even harder, because whatever is causing that might be affecting this. We really don't know for sure. Let us know if you have any success.
20th December 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #253  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Yes. I can flash bak to D800. But the thing is, Im having problem with it, because after 10 mins of use touchscreen starts to fail. So I need to seend back to warranty so it needs the original fw on it
20th December 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #254  
Flag Northern California

2,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmamerica

Yes. I can flash bak to D800. But the thing is, Im having problem with it, because after 10 mins of use touchscreen starts to fail. So I need to seend back to warranty so it needs the original fw on it

If you are sending back for warranty anyways, I wonder if Fastboot and Download mode are enough? They'll have to flash it anyways.

Another thing you can try is to Root/Custom Recovery the D800 Stock ROM from here, then install a Custom D801 based ROM to it. Then come back and try to Flash the Stock D801 ROM. It's been mentioned that if you have a custom version on your phone of the same model, it helps to restore back to stock.
21st December 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #255  

4 posts
SM-G900F to LS-980
I have an LG G2 LS-980 that has the build.prop screwed up with listed model of Samsung S5 SM-G900F and I've used the custom .dll in the flash tool, and it says it has an error. Says cross dl and something after that but never changes. Maybe the custom dll does not accomodate for these two models, can you make it work for my situation. Thank you so very much in advance.
21st December 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #256  
Flag Northern California

2,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyrobb

I have an LG G2 LS-980 that has the build.prop screwed up with listed model of Samsung S5 SM-G900F and I've used the custom .dll in the flash tool, and it says it has an error. Says cross dl and something after that but never changes. Maybe the custom dll does not accomodate for these two models, can you make it work for my situation. Thank you so very much in advance.

Unfortunately, I didn't build that DLL file, nor do I know how to modify it. I wish I did!

Is there any way you can Root and Custom Recovery, then flash a D800 Custom ROM? That should put you back into a state that should allow you to use this tool successfully.
21st December 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #257  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport

Unfortunately, I didn't build that DLL file, nor do I know how to modify it. I wish I did!

Is there any way you can Root and Custom Recovery, then flash a D800 Custom ROM? That should put you back into a state that should allow you to use this tool successfully.

I didn't install a custom recovery but it is rooted with stump, just one uppercase letter in build.prop's ro.product.brand bricked the phone. Thanks so much for helping me out, is there a way to get custom recovery installed on the phone without being able to boot, cause right now it's in a loop on startup after the sprint/spark logo saying "unfortunately the systemui has stopped" and "unfortunately home has stopped" and keeps looping those messages not allowing me to proceed any further.
22nd December 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #258  
Flag Northern California

2,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyrobb

I didn't install a custom recovery but it is rooted with stump, just one uppercase letter in build.prop's ro.product.brand bricked the phone. Thanks so much for helping me out, is there a way to get custom recovery installed on the phone without being able to boot, cause right now it's in a loop on startup after the sprint/spark logo saying "unfortunately the systemui has stopped" and "unfortunately home has stopped" and keeps looping those messages not allowing me to proceed any further.

Maybe someone else can pitch in here, but isn't there a way to ADB a new build.prop to the phone?
22nd December 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #259  

4 posts
I desperately tried to adb, but the only command that worked is adb sideload, but it wouldn't load the update.zip that has the correct build.prop in it. According to another thread on this, a sprint verification is needed somehow. I'm not sure what that means but it looks like it may be a dead end, I don't know, but I will try anything. I tried updating all the adb drivers, I updated everything in the sdk files and am using android studio. The adb version I have is 1.0.32. I'm not sure if that is the most up to date driver or not, but tried many things to try and update them more, and it wouldn't update any further. I cannot use any other commands in adb and people in other threads were saying that the drivers were not updated, otherwise I would push the build.prop. Does anyone know how I can update the adb drivers properly? Or if I can fix the build.prop another way?

Obviously the other method is flashing stock rom which I've also tried with the custom .dll but it didn't work. I think it might be a problem with the dll. I saw that someone had an lg g2 as well with the same problem and used the flashing method but said that he found the device's .dll file and just renamed that .dll file's name to his correct g2 one and it worked, but I can't find a SM-6900F .dll. I don't know if that would work anyway, or if I just need a proper .dll file that accomodates my model and the SM-6900F to work with flashing the stock rom? Thanks so much once again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d80020c, kitkat, lg g2, lgflashtool
Previous Thread Next Thread