Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Recovery] [RUU 2.22.531.6] [TWRP Nandroid Backups] [Radio IMGs][ OTA 3.32.531.2

OP Garmig

13th December 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #621  
Thanks Meter: 1

73 posts
stock stripping
Hi there, my phone did an update, and i tried to downgrade, seems like the radio got updated too, now i'm having some connectivity issues.
some program get online some don't since this happened. i tried reverting everything back to stock and upgraded all the way to the last ota. but i still have same connectivity issues. these programs won't connect unless i'm on wifi.
i ended up recurring to warranty exchange, but they sent what seems to be a refurbished phone, i wonder how can i get the stock radio,firmware and bootloader from this unit before modifying it.
thanks in advance for any advice.
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.22.213311491.08G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: ************
(bootloader) imei: ****************
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 038866fd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
the only difference i see between mine and the new unit is (bootloader) version-main: 3.32.531.2
thank you
13th December 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #622  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 69

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuajosh

Hi there, my phone did an update, and i tried to downgrade, seems like the radio got updated too, now i'm having some connectivity issues.
some program get online some don't since this happened. i tried reverting everything back to stock and upgraded all the way to the last ota. but i still have same connectivity issues. these programs won't connect unless i'm on wifi.
i ended up recurring to warranty exchange, but they sent what seems to be a refurbished phone, i wonder how can i get the stock radio,firmware and bootloader from this unit before modifying it.
thanks in advance for any advice.
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.22.213311491.08G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: ************
(bootloader) imei: ****************
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 038866fd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
the only difference i see between mine and the new unit is (bootloader) version-main: 3.32.531.2
thank you

Have you done a complete wipe and reloaded the firmware and ROM? There is no such thing as really "some" apps working and some not working on data. Also are you referring to your 4GLTE data connection or WiFi also or both or what?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehf

I made this thread and haven't gotten any answers. http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...tempt-t2969600

Will using one of the RUUs in the OP help me to get this phone working again? I'm not sure which one I should use. The phone is on 4.4.2. Build Number 1.57.531.7 CL340355 release-keys. Baseband 1.16.21331931.LA24G_20.31A.4145.02L_F

I've noticed that there's an RUU with this build number but would using one of the newer ones work still? I want to get this working and then S-Off it and put it on the GPE rom.

You need to provide more details, is it a Verizon phone or GSM or what? The RUU will work fine and the current version numbers don't matter. You need to choose the right firmware and install it correctly or you can brick the phone.
13th December 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #623  

73 posts
I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either, but it started to occur since i downgraded, probably something got corrupted along the way.
wifi works 100 % always, but 4g lte some apps (a couple of games or music id app) return with a connection failed unless i'm on wifi, stock apps work always,(browser,email,etc).
and yes i wiped many times, flashed stock. what im going to try is flash everything to the first version and try to upgrade my way up with the files provided in this forum. i previously did with the list of files in the forum for the international version. (they had firmware for T-MOB010).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post57462198
so i will post if that fixes my problem.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosaraylian

Have you done a complete wipe and reloaded the firmware and ROM? There is no such thing as really "some" apps working and some not working on data. Also are you referring to your 4GLTE data connection or WiFi also or both or what?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

You need to provide more details, is it a Verizon phone or GSM or what? The RUU will work fine and the current version numbers don't matter. You need to choose the right firmware and install it correctly or you can brick the phone.

14th December 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #624  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 41

158 posts
More
Quote:

It's a T-Mobile M8. I hoped that'd be clear as I'm posting in the forums for this device...

What details do you need? I'm posting here to find out the correct RUU I need to use. I don't have any experience with HTC phones so I want to be absolutely sure I'm not going to ruin this phone.
14th December 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #625  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 69

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cehf

It's a T-Mobile M8. I hoped that'd be clear as I'm posting in the forums for this device...

What details do you need? I'm posting here to find out the correct RUU I need to use. I don't have any experience with HTC phones so I want to be absolutely sure I'm not going to ruin this phone.

I can talk you through it. Have you installed your ADB/Fastboot drivers yet?

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:

I can talk you through it. Have you installed your ADB/Fastboot drivers yet?

Also you mentioned previously you wanted to S-OFF the phone. The Firmware update can go a ton faster if the phone is already S-OFF. You can do that right now without installing anything yet, but you have to pay the $25 to the Sunshine app. If you want to S-OFF it now, then doing the Firmware is a snap. If you do not want to S-OFF now then you have to run the RUU, its a bit more timely and involves software to download etc.
14th December 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #626  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 30

332 posts
More
Howdy. I'm trying to get my Tmo m8 back to pure stock. I've never converted to GPE. When I try to run the RUU .exe file, as administrator, it goes through the Install Shield setup, then has me agree to the license agreement, then it just disappears and nothing further happens. I've tried this on three different machines with the same results. The drivers are installed, as I can see the device with adb. I've tried having my phone booted normal, as well as in fastboot, and also in the fastboot OEM.

Nothing happens after accepting the license agreement. Any ideas why this is happening? The phone is locked and S-OFF. Running latest Sense firmware.

EDITED: Nevermind, I found a fix by installing these files: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=94
Last edited by craighwk; 14th December 2014 at 07:03 PM.
15th December 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #627  

73 posts
I updated using the RUU, it seems it corrected whatever was corrupted and solved my connectivity issue, and I now even shows a version under os, my status is still S-OFF and official software.
thank you very much for all the help

Quote:

Today, 04:15 AM   |  #628  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
having trouble unrooting my Htc One M8 (T-Mobile)
I have a rooted Htc one m8. I tried to flash an android 5.0 lollipop custom rom and my wifi stopped working. I am trying to figure out how to unroot and restore to stock so i can return and trade for another phone. I am using a mac and have tried different methods i have seen on youtube but nothing works. I dont want to keep messing with it and end up getting a bricked phone. Can anyone help out?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htconem8, recovery, tmobile
Previous Thread Next Thread