Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to update SGH-I747 to UCUFNE4_4.4.2

OP enewman17

Today, 04:34 AM   |  #421  
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
So I'm on a 4.4.4 ROM....but under baseband it ends in LK3...with is from 4.1.1 isn't it? So will this guide work for me? The ROMs I wanna try require ne4 =[
So will my device brick if I follow these instructions? I don't know which boot loader or modem the op was flashing from to get his success. Please help lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
Today, 05:14 AM   |  #422  
Thanks Meter: 220

796 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaai

So I'm on a 4.4.4 ROM....but under baseband it ends in LK3...with is from 4.1.1 isn't it? So will this guide work for me? The ROMs I wanna try require ne4 =[
So will my device brick if I follow these instructions? I don't know which boot loader or modem the op was flashing from to get his success. Please help lol

i used this guide to update from mj2 up to ne4 (per steps , not all at once), and worked fine.
just remember that once on ne4 you cannot downgrade bootloader to previous vesion or your device will brick.

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"
Today, 05:17 AM   |  #423  
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

i used this guide to update from mj2 up to ne4 (per steps , not all at once), and worked fine.
just remember that once on ne4 you cannot downgrade bootloader to previous vesion or your device will brick.

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

So should I find a guide for going lk3 to mj2, and then come back here for mj2 to ne4?

Today, 05:42 AM   |  #424  
Thanks Meter: 220

796 posts
@audit13 , help please.

Today, 09:53 AM   |  #425  
Thanks Meter: 48

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaai

So should I find a guide for going lk3 to mj2, and then come back here for mj2 to ne4?

I would suggest going through MJB (the official release of 4.3 firmware), instead of MJ2 (the leaked release of firmware), on the way to NE4. It may not make a difference, but then again it may. In a different thread than this, enewman17 said that you must be on MJB to upgrade to NE4.

If you were stopping at the 4.3 baseband and modem I would have suggested the MJ2 combo, or the MJ2 bootloader and MJB modem. The later combination would allow you to downgrade. Once you get to the MJB bootloader and beyond (NE4) you can no longer downgrade.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread