Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[APP][2.3+] KinScreen - Automatic screen timeout

OP Flyview

10th December 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #41  
blackspp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 64
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Nice concept. I purchased the full version.
Sensitivity can be improved. I've got a steady hand so the device still switches off making it kind of useless for me. I now have to shake/move my hand a bit to keep it on.

On a Note 4 with stock rom, still not rooted.
21st December 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #42  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 703
 
1,123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Did a search, and didn't find an answer to this question:

I use a car cradle, so when in the car the screen is facing toward the driver, not face up. Will the motion of the car prevent the screen from turning off? Based on your description, it sounds like the answer is yes. Is there any way to prevent this (other than turning the screen of manually)?

Thanks.
22nd December 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #43  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto/Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 583
 
1,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerweb

Did a search, and didn't find an answer to this question:

I use a car cradle, so when in the car the screen is facing toward the driver, not face up. Will the motion of the car prevent the screen from turning off? Based on your description, it sounds like the answer is yes. Is there any way to prevent this (other than turning the screen of manually)?

Thanks.

Yes it will keep it on. Only way to turn off will be power button or cover the proximity sensor until it goes off. I actually like it staying on while driving until I manually turn it off.

Sent from my Nexus 5
22nd December 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #44  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto/Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 583
 
1,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspp

Nice concept. I purchased the full version.
Sensitivity can be improved. I've got a steady hand so the device still switches off making it kind of useless for me. I now have to shake/move my hand a bit to keep it on.

On a Note 4 with stock rom, still not rooted.

Have you tried calibrating recently? Make sure you leave it on a very still table during the process. Also make sure you aren't playing music through the speakers during calibration as that will cause inner vibrations.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Last edited by Flyview; 22nd December 2014 at 02:23 AM.
22nd December 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #45  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 703
 
1,123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview

Yes it will keep it on. Only way to turn off will be power button or cover the proximity sensor until it goes off. I actually like it staying on while driving until I manually turn it off.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
22nd December 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #46  
blackspp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 64
 
556 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview

Have you tried calibrating recently? Make sure you leave it on a very still table during the process. Also make sure you aren't playing music through the speakers during calibration as that will cause inner vibrations.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hi, yes I have calibrated. A steady hand maybe just too much
22nd December 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #47  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto/Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 583
 
1,234 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspp

Hi, yes I have calibrated. A steady hand maybe just too much

Also depends on the phone, if there's a lot of "noise" from the sensors, it will calibrate to that noise level as the base line.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes