Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][Vzw] ViperOneM8 3.2.1 Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

OP Turge

Announcement from Turge: Got issues with the registration? You might want to read the FAQ
21st December 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #4471  
Recognized Developer
Flag apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda
Thanks Meter: 20,648

4,621 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deno1986

yea it looks like jan 3rd is the drop date but i was just curious if venom had a possible release for the update. thanks

One of the most stupid questions I heared for a while.
Can you tell me how shall we be able to tell you an ETA if Android L isnt released yet? You think it's just doing a few clicks to get venom ported?
It will take weeks/months to get all running and tested properly for the first release and there will follow releases with bugfixes till we have stable base again.
Really just smh....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j to the 4n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #4472  
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobar2605

Hi guys,

I'm facing a strange memory leak on the M8 with the latest Viper 3.2.1, which doesn't occur on any other phone I have (including the M7). The thing is that activities of apps don't get garbage collected if they are closed. First I thought it is a bug in my own app but then I found out that the problem also occurs with any other app. You can find more details here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...oryleak-or-not

As I said this is not happening on my HTC One M7 with latest Viper 7.0.1. Does anybody have a clue what is causing this? Could this be a bug in Android for this version?

hi, any solution? i think I'm experiencing the same problem because every little thing i will run out of memory sometimes i have to restart. i dont know if it has anything to do with ART i enabled in the developer settings.
21st December 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #4473  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,198

8,557 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello,
Asking for ETA's is considered taboo...please remember these devs do this for free, in their free time, they have real lives like anyone else.
They do ask in the OP not to ask for ETA's so moving forward please respect that.
Thread cleaned carry on.

Thanks,
BD619
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:38 PM   |  #4474  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I just reflashed this rom and ran into a problem this time around.
At the setup wizard there was a message saying something about SIM card not compatible or something along those lines. So I skipped the setup wizard.
When I tried to add my google account I keep getting a "Couldn't sign in" screen.
Anyone know if its related to the SIM card message i received during the setup wizard, or is it something else?

thanks,

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless

At the setup wizard there was a message saying something about SIM card not compatible or something along those lines. So I skipped the setup wizard.
When I tried to add my google account I keep getting a "Couldn't sign in" screen.
Anyone know if its related to the SIM card message i received during the setup wizard, or is it something else?

thanks,

I just flashed again to see if it would help any but it didn't.
So at the Setup Wizard screen i get a popup message that say "This SIM card is from an unknow source."
How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Yesterday, 08:23 PM   |  #4475  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 7

56 posts
More
Quote:

thanks,

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

So at the Setup Wizard screen i get a popup message that say "This SIM card is from an unknow source."
How do I fix this?

Thanks,

I got that error to but I was able to add my accounts with no problems after I left the setup wizard.
Yesterday, 08:44 PM   |  #4476  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 202

991 posts
More
Quote:

thanks,

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

I had the same problem. Try 3.1.0 it didn't have a sim card issue. Go through the setup then dirty flash 3.2.1 over it.

Sent from my ViperOne powered M8 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 09:27 PM   |  #4477  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceKeepr

I restored my backup and it works fine I'm just trying to figure out why it happened. If it's a phone thing I want to get it fixed and if it's a rom issue I'm sure the devs would want to know.

Sent from my ViperOne powered M8 using Tapatalk

I restored my backup and it left the setup, worked fine. Not sure if restoring the backup had anything to do with it because my phone was showing service bars before the restore, but I did't test it out. This may just be something that shows in setup but isn't actually valid?
Yesterday, 09:55 PM   |  #4478  
Thanks Meter: 43

190 posts
More
I myself am pretty damn happy for a stable ViperOneM8 for the Holidays! Thank you Team Venom and Happy Holidays!! I've been running ViperOneM8 from the jump and yes I had my issues like everyone else. Great year for Team Venom. Looking forward to 2015!

Sent from my Big Red M8
Today, 12:20 AM   |  #4479  

7 posts
More
Quote:

thanks,

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

I had this issue as well, "This SIM card is from an unknown source." and to confirm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpappas87

I got that error to but I was able to add my accounts with no problems after I left the setup wizard.

... I also skipped it and added things manually. It seems to be working fine. I haven't come across anything broken that I would believe is a result of the above error.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread