7,747 posts
6.0.5.1 posted (DB).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 26

470 posts
More
Angry
can someone give me a step by step set of instructions in how to permanently install the custom recovery after the bootloader is unlocked? I dont want to screw this up
7th October 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #113  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,071

3,220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royredman

can someone give me a step by step set of instructions in how to permanently install the custom recovery after the bootloader is unlocked? I dont want to screw this up

There are installation instructions in the OP of basically each custom rom in the Development section.
If you need more background info, read this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2688891
I wrote the guide for the TF700, but the steps for installing the custom recovery are the same. Just replace the CWM recovery for the TF701 and you will be fine.
12th November 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #114  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,888

7,747 posts
Recovery @ DB has been updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot

Recovery @ DB has been updated.

What's the trouble with the touch screen driver integration?
Is there any way I can help get that going? I'm really hoping for TWRP, but that can't be built for our device without first getting CWM Touch working....
I'm not an expert by any means, but I can handle some tedious stuff if it's just a matter of it being time consuming...
16th December 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #116  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,071

3,220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaave

What's the trouble with the touch screen driver integration?
Is there any way I can help get that going? I'm really hoping for TWRP, but that can't be built for our device without first getting CWM Touch working....
I'm not an expert by any means, but I can handle some tedious stuff if it's just a matter of it being time consuming...

The problem is that the recovery partition on this tablet is way too small for a recovery with touchscreen drivers - there's just not enough room. Teamwin will not develop one. We can be grateful to the CWM team that we have a custom recovery at all...
17th December 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #117  

13 posts
The CWM team isn't who's been building this for us. It's been pershoot. I know he's been otherwise occupied with RL stuff, which is why I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help. You are right that our recovery partition is small, but it's not too small for TWRP.
Our recovery partition is only 8MB, but the TWRP 2.8.1 recovery image for the Galaxy S4 is... 8MB.
I don't expect TWRP to do this for us. That's not their job, and I doubt any of them really feel like it's their responsibility. If we can get working touch screen drivers with CWM, I'll build TWRP from source myself (I've got linux virtual machines galore), and share it... I just don't know what's been done so far, or what the trouble is... Like I say, I'm no expert. I might fail miserably... But I'd like to try to help if possible. My TF700t had TWRP and it was excellent. It's awkward to take a step down in recovery (no offense intended) while taking a step up in performance...
The Following User Says Thank You to michaave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #118  

13 posts
We might not need that as a prerequisite after all... Seeing what I can do, I'll keep you posted. Obviously with Christmas things'll be a little crazy for a bit, but I'm going to see if I can't figure this out on my own... If I do, I'll make a new thread.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread