Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[4.4 ROOT] [BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit or Full Bootloader Unlock Droid Maxx

OP 92029

20th December 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #651  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 242

586 posts
Donate to Me
More
File a dispute.
23rd December 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #652  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
can it be rooted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsnake

Damn kent stepping it up. Lol would get in but already rooted

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

I'm new here and I apologize in advance for sounding stupid, and don't mean to offend anyone. I had a droid razr that I had rooted 2 years ago. I had to get a new phone and was afraid I was gonna run into this problem. I have a Motorola droid ultra, Is there a way to root it? It has kitkat 4.4.4 Plz any help will be much appreciated.
23rd December 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #653  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Not unless you have an unlocked boot loader so you can flash back to an earlier build.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd December 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #654  
Flag Spring Lake, NC
Thanks Meter: 20

125 posts
More
If he has an unlocked boot loader, he wouldn't have to flash to an earlier build to get root. All he has to do is flash twrp recovery and it will ask if he wants to install su on exit. In fact, trying to downgrade with these machines are highly discouraged. Most likely end up with a nice looking brick.
23rd December 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #655  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 242

586 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestern

I'm new here and I apologize in advance for sounding stupid, and don't mean to offend anyone. I had a droid razr that I had rooted 2 years ago. I had to get a new phone and was afraid I was gonna run into this problem. I have a Motorola droid ultra, Is there a way to root it? It has kitkat 4.4.4 Plz any help will be much appreciated.

Sorry, bro. You'll probably have to wait for official 5.0 before there's anymore progress made.
23rd December 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #656  
Flag Quitman, Ga
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxroddupuy

Hi! sorry if it is wrong to post it here, but I thought it was a good place to ask for it...

I am rooted on 21.11.21 (Rootpie+SunShine), I tried to upload to 23.3.24 but the phone goes into teamwin recovery and then when I boot normally it starts restarting, like 5 times, by its own, and then it says that the installation failed. I tried to look for the file on /cache and found a file called 'Blur_Version.21.11.21.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.U S.zip' and tried to install it getting this error message:

How do I update it?

Also, will I be able to update when lollipop comes out??

thanks for your help and time

best regards

max

Is your bootloader unlocked?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread