How to root Asus Padfone Mini 7?

OP djfred

27th October 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 61

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhay89

What should I do to downgrade?

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Solved!!

Xhay can you confirm you rooted ?
28th October 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Which version should I download the firmware to downgrade? And how do you restore the older firmware? If you do not ask too much, would be possible a step by step guideo to obtain root permissions of the device?
5th November 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 2

1 posts
Is there no development on padfone mini root?
Anyone know how to root padfone mini?
I'm desperately need to root this device.. Please can you guys make a official forum for it?
Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruleshellz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightlord

Xhay can you confirm you rooted ?

Yes, I rooted 2 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamerlano

Which version should I download the firmware to downgrade? And how do you restore the older firmware? If you do not ask too much, would be possible a step by step guideo to obtain root permissions of the device?

That is what I have done:

- First: I had firmware .65. Download firmware .61 ( asus.com/it/support/Download/29/1/0/5/32 ), put .rar in sd card, turn off, press power button with volume -, click on "download sd card", click upgrade external, search file, confirm. Open King root, enable debug usb, wait connection, follow instructions. The phone would reboot. Wait confirm (prntscr.com/54kxqy).

-Second: I had firmware .61. I reinstalled firmware, but root didn't work. I update to .65, downgrade to .61 (as first time) and root worked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xhay89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th December 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #25  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
More
Padfone Mini (T00E) Root Successfully!!
Guys,

I assumed for those who succeeded in rooting their devices are referring to the PadFone mini 4.3 (A11) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.4GHz and not the Padfone Mini (T00E) with Intel® Atom™ Z2560 (1.6 GHz). Right? Lucky you!

It would be grateful is anyone could provide any link on how to root the Padfone Mini with Intel® Atom™ Z2560 (1.6 GHz). Thank you in advance.

Edit: Additional Info Rooted

I managed to find the latest rooting tool from Taiwan website. Herewith the attached root app (APK). I also managed to root my Padfone Mini (T00E). If you are in the same device (model) like me then you may proceed with the root tool else please wait till someone has make it available. Refer to my device info.

Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: 1434_1.3.40.3
Kernal version: 3.10.20-00002-g277d428
android@mec9#1
Build number: KVT49L.WW_PadFone-V6.5.31-20141016
044000274_201406050026

Please be extra careful when perform the rooting process. I would like to remind you to follow strictly the instruction on the root app.
You NEED TO "FORGET" the WiFi network (disable the WiFi) as is not good enough just to disable it!
Please also disable the mobile data before you proceed.

Do some Google search or YouTube search on how to use the root tool. It is a bit of tricky... I try my best to explain but please do not expect me to reply immediately if you encounter any issue because I do not visit this forum very often.

Note: Always remember to enable the development option and tick the USB debugging before proceed!!
(1) Once you launched the root app and follow the instruction to "FORGET" and "DISABLE" both WiFi and mobile data. You shall realize that the Asus Demo apps will launch by itself.
(2) Ignore any pop-up message from the screen (Don't click anything on the screen) and wait for about 10 seconds then only proceed to switch-off the phone by pressing and holding the power button.
(3) The phone shall turn off and reboot itself! And you shall obtain the root access with SuperSU.

I have attached several screenshots for your reference. Hope those who are using Asus PadFone Mini (T00E) are happy with their rooted phone as I am! Please be reminded that I am not a developer and I am just sharing my UX on rooting this phone. All credit goes to the respective developers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-04-16-00-49.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	3047227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-58-01.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	3047228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-57-36.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	3047229  
Attached Files
File Type: apk RootZenFone-1.4.6r.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.77 MB, 158 views)
Last edited by OngPangTau; 4th December 2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Additional Info
The Following User Says Thank You to OngPangTau For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
i just wanted to modify the hosts file to block ads so that the free apps i downloaded wouldn't kill my bandwidth limits and get me throttled.

i bought my phone (t00c) from amazon. it came with this firmware:
JSS15Q.TW_PadFone-10.14.5.7-20131220

i tried to root the above firmware and it did not work. i waited 15 minutes, and it looped. after 15 minutes, i pulled the usb cable during a reboot (as the phone was booting). i went to software update and it updated me to 6.61. i am in california and 6.65 was not the default. at the time of this writing, i was using kingo 1.2.7.2149. there is an update. i cannot vouch for the update.

i'll mention some things that didn't happen. it may be important that the phone did not brick in the interim. every boot loaded correctly with all of my data. also, i retained all of my settings. i was prepared to lose it all, however, since it was all backed up on to the sd card.

it takes several minutes. be patient. it will loop many times. in this loop, my phone restarted maybe 4..7 times. kingo "downloaded" something each time, purportedly.

this was my first time attempting a root. thank you for your contributions. the reason i'm listing my details is because a first time rooter realizes how theoretically simple but potentially disastrous rooting is. especially for this phone which did not see the popularity of more main stream brands.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread