Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][4.4.2][V500][KDZ] Stock LG build KOT49I.V50020a KOREA + ROOT + ABOOT + TWRP

OP id10terror

26th October 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 0

87 posts
More
About to get crazy...
Hello everyone

I am posting here as I definitively ran out of ideas... All I am trying to do is to simply installa a custom recovery to install a new rom on my Gpad 4.4.2 build KOT491v50020d. I tried almost everything I could think of, including the step 3 at the beginning of this thread, using flashify, using some other tools that I don't even remember the name... None of them worked! I was just able to break the factory recovery and managed to restore it with the LG Mobile tool. After that, I got completely stuck. Using the method described at step 3 here seemed to work (i changed the model number as suggested to 500d), the script runs fine, it tells me it finishes, it restarts the device and then go back to the Android normal screen. Tried both with cable plugged and unplugged, no success. What else I can try? Can you help me? Thanks a lot to whoever will find me a way to get out !!!
27th October 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 70

438 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGarner

Hello everyone

I am posting here as I definitively ran out of ideas... All I am trying to do is to simply installa a custom recovery to install a new rom on my Gpad 4.4.2 build KOT491v50020d. I tried almost everything I could think of, including the step 3 at the beginning of this thread, using flashify, using some other tools that I don't even remember the name... None of them worked! I was just able to break the factory recovery and managed to restore it with the LG Mobile tool. After that, I got completely stuck. Using the method described at step 3 here seemed to work (i changed the model number as suggested to 500d), the script runs fine, it tells me it finishes, it restarts the device and then go back to the Android normal screen. Tried both with cable plugged and unplugged, no success. What else I can try? Can you help me? Thanks a lot to whoever will find me a way to get out !!!

Got my refurbished tab 2 days ago ... two OTA updates to get to 20d ... I didn't do step#1, just step# 2 then 3. After step#3, just ran flashify to reboot to TWRP recovery (I've only used flashify for that purpose) ... then update to latest TWRP 2.8 (4.4.2)... no issue whatsoever. I've tried Mahdi just for fun, but will stay with (rooted) stock for now.
(I have mahdi on my N7s and G2)
The Following User Says Thank You to hyperxguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #133  

87 posts
More
Hello and thanks to have shared your experience. I will give it a try and see what happens...
4th November 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #134  

87 posts
More
Quote:

Hello and thanks to have shared your experience. I will give it a try and see what happens...

I did it!!!! Thanks for your suggestion that convinced me to try one more time!! The only thing I changed from the last time was a full wipe of the device. Done that, followed the entire procedure again and it worked like a charm!!!

Thanks again dude
24th November 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Quote:

I did it!!!! Thanks for your suggestion that convinced me to try one more time!! The only thing I changed from the last time was a full wipe of the device. Done that, followed the entire procedure again and it worked like a charm!!!

Thanks again dude

Hi, I'm trying to install the TWRP recovery and have had the same problem as you, I made a cache wipe and factory reset but couldn't get the recovery to get installed. Could you please tell me how you solved in detail? thanks
6th December 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #136  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
Is there any other way I can install TWRP without the computer or without scripts? Maybe inside the tablet? For some reason my computer works horribly with using .bat files it just doesnt recognize the directory or something.

Im itching to try out the new ROMs but unfortunately I had to factory reset.
16th December 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #137  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 124

457 posts
More
Hello ,as many others i want to get the aboot and flash recovery on a V20D gpad but do i really have to flash the required kdz version or can i do it in other way like modify the script or something?
Yesterday, 03:10 PM   |  #138  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 239

2,165 posts
Donate to Me
More
I can not install twrp on 20b.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gpad, kitkat, rom, v500, v50020a
Previous Thread Next Thread