[ROM][Guide][FULL ODIN FILES][AT&T][NC2][OTA Update Fix][Soft Brick FIX]

OP carl1961

Yesterday, 11:04 PM   |  #561  
Thanks Meter: 2,005

1,423 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

Thanks I was about to post them I just pulled them from my phone but they or uploading

AP_N900AATTDNL1_KERNEL.tar.md5
AP_N900AATTDNL1_RECOVERY.tar.md5
BL_N900AATTDNL1_BOOTLOADER.tar.md5
BL_N900AATTDNL1_NON-HLOS.tar.md5
CP_N900AATTDNL1_MODEM.tar.md5

see this is what happens, when you odin full install NC2 to get the OTA's to you install NC2 bootloader,kernel and modem

Our custom safestrap recovery cannot install recovery, kernels or bootloader

so when we do the N900A_NC2-NJ5-KeepRoot_OTA.zip with safestrap we do not get the bootloader or modem patched.

so I just completely redone my phone, odin installed the full NC2, with stock recovery factory reset, then sideload installed both NJ5 and NL1 original untouched OTA, I then again stock recovery factory reset and then installed just the NC2 system.img.ext4 and kernel, therfore I still have my NL1 bootloader, and Modem and NON-HLOS, I rooted the NC2 and pulled the NL1 firmware

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/NON-HLOS.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/modem.bin
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15 of=/sdcard/recovery.img

picture shows I had NL1 modem when I install just the NC2 system.img.ext4 (so I could get root to dump images)
second picture is dumping images

here Is what I dumped

N900AATTDNL1_FIRMWARE.zip 49.5 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!DVUSGJ7J!9tIjZb...1xQkNQBLqaj_2k

Acutally, you are able to update all partitions, except for the kernel, via safestrap. My NC2_to_NJ5_KeepRoot updated modem, non-hlos, recovery, and bootloader to NJ5. The kernel is the only thing that you need to flash with Odin. My new ROM does the same for NL1.
Yesterday, 11:39 PM   |  #562  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 4,783

5,764 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri

Acutally, you are able to update all partitions, except for the kernel, via safestrap. My NC2_to_NJ5_KeepRoot updated modem, non-hlos, recovery, and bootloader to NJ5. The kernel is the only thing that you need to flash with Odin. My new ROM does the same for NL1.

ok I did not know, I thought the locked bootloader would not let it, But your right the screen shows your NJ5 patching , where is your new link, and I will clean my post to stop confusion

I ran out of thanks s I'll use taptalk to catch up with my thanks
Yesterday, 11:57 PM   |  #563  
Thanks Meter: 2,005

1,423 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1961

ok I did not know, I thought the locked bootloader would not let it, But your right the screen shows your NJ5 patching , where is your new link, and I will clean my post to stop confusion

I ran out of thanks s I'll use taptalk to catch up with my thanks

Here is the new thread. The modem and recovery are post#2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2983357

No worries about the thx. Merry Christmas.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread