FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Change 3G band to European GSM 900/1800

28th June 2014, 12:11 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
A family member gifted me a Galaxy S4, however it is the SGH-M919. I currently live in Europe and 3G bands in my region are GSM 900/1800. At the moment I can't access 3G and any other type of data for that matter (LTE is not supported here). Is there a way to change T-mobile 950 and 1900 bands to my region ones?

Thanks for taking your time to answer

28th June 2014, 12:17 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Sadly not.
Since the radio does not support those frequencies for hsdpa
28th June 2014, 03:21 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan

Sadly not.
Since the radio does not support those frequencies for hsdpa

So there's no way to fix it?
25th December 2014, 11:36 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wink
Hello Flex,

I have the same phone "Samsung S4 SGH-M919 - Tmobile" and I live in Hungary, it works fine with me all you have to do is just to switch form WCDMA/GSM to any other option "like GSM only" then back to WCDMA/GSM as a kind of refresh and the 3G will work fine after that, you can find this inside Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network mode, but unfortunately you have to do this every time you restart your device.

There is also another alternative solution is to reset the Access point names to default, you can find this inside Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

to be honest I don't know the reason of this error, but try what I described and tell me if it works with you.

Good Luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
band, change, european, frequency band, tmobile
Previous Thread Next Thread