No registration required

[APP] adbFire 1.15 FireTV Companion Win/Mac/Linux

OP jocala

25th December 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #401  
Thanks Meter: 0

246 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurnted

Sorry I thought you just meant push with adb. If you are against using the command line you could always just push to sdcard then use a file explorer (like ES) to move it to where it needs to be.

Or you could push it to "sd card" then use the "adb shell" button to move it

Code:
cd sdcard
cp bueller-51.1.4.1_514013920-rooted+fixed.zip /data_fire/media/0
replace the bueller-51.1.4.1_514013920-rooted+fixed.zip part of the command with whatever version you are trying to install

I'm not against adb by itself. the only problem i have is if the files you are trying to push aren't in the so called "same directory as adb" then you need to add the path to the command. i don't know where adb is installed on my mac and can't seem to get it to move with the path i type in. i downloaded adb and dragged it into terminal. seems to work because i can connect to the device with no problems.

i guess i just need to figure out this adb thing itself. i love adb fire, but it may not be for everything.

Thanks again gurnted

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

ok,

it took awhile, but i was able to push it to scared via adbfire. then i booted into recovery, and CWM recovery found it on the scared.

when i went to install it, it failed. this is what i got...

installing: /sdcard/0/bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420-rooted+updated.zip
finding update package
opening update package
E: Can't open /data/media/0/bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420-rooted+updated.zip
(Bad)
Installation aborted

any ideas?
25th December 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #402  
Thanks Meter: 4

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc

I'm not against adb by itself. the only problem i have is if the files you are trying to push aren't in the so called "same directory as adb" then you need to add the path to the command. i don't know where adb is installed on my mac and can't seem to get it to move with the path i type in. i downloaded adb and dragged it into terminal. seems to work because i can connect to the device with no problems.

E: Can't open /data/media/0/bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420-rooted+updated.zip
(Bad)
Installation aborted

any ideas?

Sounds like the file didn't completely transfer without errors. Is it .zip able to be opened on computer? if not redownload.

as for or adb on OS X:
download android-sdk_r24.0.2-macosx.zip
extract to your user directory
open terminal
Code:
sudo sh ~/android-sdk-macosx/tools/android
check the box for "Android SDK Tools" & press "install packages"

If it doesn't add the path to .profile automatically

add the folder where adb is located to the top of ~/.profile (/Users/<your user name/.profile)
example
export PATH=${PATH}:/Users/<your user name>/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools
Last edited by gurnted; 25th December 2014 at 10:18 PM.
25th December 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #403  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,115

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Love the app. Thanks jocala

i am having problems updating my software. currently i am on 51.1.0.1

i have everything i think i should including CWM Recovery 6.0.5.1.4a

when i use adbfire to install firmware, i choose bueller-51.1.4.0_514006420-rooted+updated.zip from my computer (no flash drive today). when it finishes it ask me if i want to boot into recovery. then on my FTV i see it boot into recovery and when i go to select "install from zip" i can't find the file.

am i missing something? i don't understand the adb thing by itself, although i do have installed and can connect to my device. i started having problems with that when i could get the path correct to push files.

any help would be appreciated.

Going to try to push the file and then use CWM recovery to install it.

Cody

rbox firmware must be installed via cwm. adb's firmware install is for stock firmware.

From adbFire Help:

Quote:

Install AFTV firmware

Install firmware to AFTV. Upgrade (or downgrade) your AFTV firmware. This works for firmware on a mounted USB drive/stick and for firmware on your PC.
When updating firmware from USB storage, adbFire looks on all devices for files with an extension of ".bin" or ".zip" and presents them for your choice.
Installing firmware from a usb stick/drive is nearly twice as fast as installing a firmware file located on your PC or LAN.

Please note that installation of firmware via Amazon's Native Recovery (this method) has been effectively obsoleted with the availibility of ClockworkMod, compiled for the Fire TV by rbox@xda.

IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to install custom Clockwork Mod firmware via Amazon Native Recovery. It will not work!
Root is REQUIRED

25th December 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #404  
Thanks Meter: 0

246 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

rbox firmware must be installed via cwm. adb's firmware install is for stock firmware.

From adbFire Help:

I saw that and was thinking that was my problem.

If I put the rbox firmware on flash drive, then boot in to recovery, will CWM recovery see the flash drive and be able to install it?

If not, I will just have to find a good "adb on Mac for dummies" guide. Everything is written for pc users.

Thanks everyone for the help.
25th December 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #405  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I saw that and was thinking that was my problem.

If I put the rbox firmware on flash drive, then boot in to recovery, will CWM recovery see the flash drive and be able to install it?

If not, I will just have to find a good "adb on Mac for dummies" guide. Everything is written for pc users.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I'm sorry you're having problems

AFAIK, rbox's firmware doesn't see flash drives (I may be wrong, ymmv). Why can't you use adbFire to push the firmware to your /sdcard? I know CWM can see that.
25th December 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #406  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sounds like the file didn't completely transfer without errors. Is it .zip able to be opened on computer? if not redownload.

as for or adb on OS X:
download android-sdk_r24.0.2-macosx.zip
extract to your user directory
open terminal

Code:
sudo sh ~/android-sdk-macosx/tools/android
check the box for "Android SDK Tools" & press "install packages"

If it doesn't add the path to .profile automatically

add the folder where adb is located to the top of ~/.profile (/Users/<your user name/.profile)
example
export PATH=${PATH}:/Users/<your user name>/android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools

Version 1.15 of adbFire can open a console into the adbfiles directory where adb is located. You can access adb on the command-line from this directory, but currently, it's not added to your path. The next version will correct this.

For OS X users, to access the adbfiles directory from Finder you must right-click adbFire.app and select "Show Package Contents". This will allow you to browse directly to the adbfiles directory. adbFire.app->Contents->MacOS->adbfiles.
Yesterday, 03:03 AM   |  #407  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Only had a couple issues that should be fairly simple to iron out
I believe the samba service may be trying to initiate too soon at boot. Every reboot I have to run "#samba restart" before shares become visible to other machines. sometimes happens after sleep too (but not often).
Also, adb install via your software seem to take quite a bit longer (4x+) than from command line....at least on the OS X version.

My primary system is OS X and I can't duplicate your problems, sorry. Have you checked your logs to see if there are any clues?

Quote:

On another note...I'm hoping my assumptions are correct. Will the "build mount script" stub eventually be for remote network share mounting

No, I'm working on a module to build a mount script for drives by UUID. It's not yet ready, hence the stub. I do have network mounting working, but it's not automated. Both these for 2015, but no eta.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, firetv, xbmc
Previous Thread Next Thread