Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nexus 10 (Manta) Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

OP demkantor

15th December 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #151  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 188

1,241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Try to wipe the /cache partition via fastboot like this .....

Code:
fastboot erase cache
Thx Josh

Tried, I've even gone back kit Kat and it's still doing it, I'm using twrp and when I boot into it I get the TeamWin splash screen and it stays like that for up to a minute then I can use the recovery as normal it,all works fine apart from that long delay.
21st December 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Okay, I bought a Nexus 10 off someone, and they had already rooted the device. Bootloader is unlocked and whatnot. That's where my problems start. I can not for the life of me get fastboot or adb to see this thing.

Here's my info:

Google Nexus 10 (Samsung)
ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.3
Bootloader Version: MANTALJ12a
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Full Android SDK
Samsung drivers installed (I rooted my Galaxy Nexus without issue).
USB has a direct connection
Before I decided to format and try to install a stock .zip, I could access the tablet as a media (That's how I got the .zip on the device).

Steps to how I got here:

Flashed Cyanogenmod 10.2 or whatever. Didn't want JB, wanted Lollipop.
Pushed the (what I thought was correct) .zip to /sdcard
Booted into recovery
Formatted /system, /cache, /data, /factory
Reflashed the .zip
Failed. Miserably.

I named the .zip as something simple and just overwrote it. I wouldn't have this issue if it wasn't for that. I know I did a bad there.

But still, nothing I can do will get fastboot/adb to see the device. It makes the sounds that it's connected when I plug it in. I'm using an elevated prompt as well, but it will not pull the device. How do I get myself out of this hole? If I could push a new .zip to somewhere on /sdcard I could at least use the recovery to reflash.
Last edited by gothmog1065; 21st December 2014 at 06:38 AM. Reason: more info
21st December 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #153  
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi i'm back with a somewhat less urgent question this time. I'm really sorry that I can't help other people cos Im too n00b.

Is there any way to expand the storage capacity of my N10? I've been running low on storage for month already, constantly having to uninstall big apps that I still want to keep I'm not a Media person with 1TB of movies and songs that I can keep on a Hard Drive and access via OTG cables. I'm just an average gamer that wants more space for my apps, and OTG certainly does not solve my problems because I need space for app storage, not file storage. I'm aware of FolderMount but I'm not very willing to pay for pro and I can't live with just 3 data links, plus I can't possibly have the OTG Cable and USB dangling on the side of my N10 wherever I go.

I really hope someone has a solution for me
Thanks,
Li
22nd December 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #154  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Why do you need to know that?
Thanks Meter: 1,137

2,946 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koongli48

Hi i'm back with a somewhat less urgent question this time. I'm really sorry that I can't help other people cos Im too n00b.

Is there any way to expand the storage capacity of my N10? I've been running low on storage for month already, constantly having to uninstall big apps that I still want to keep I'm not a Media person with 1TB of movies and songs that I can keep on a Hard Drive and access via OTG cables. I'm just an average gamer that wants more space for my apps, and OTG certainly does not solve my problems because I need space for app storage, not file storage. I'm aware of FolderMount but I'm not very willing to pay for pro and I can't live with just 3 data links, plus I can't possibly have the OTG Cable and USB dangling on the side of my N10 wherever I go.

I really hope someone has a solution for me
Thanks,
Li

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know any way... Although you can get one of these: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Androi...otg+stickdrive (which is quite small) and move all your Android/obb/ folder to there using FolderMount. Although you won't be able to play games that use the obb folder while charging, but for this you can keep some files on your tablet and move it in and out of the obb folder when necessary (horrible workaround, I know, but until I find something else try this haha).

~Lord
The Following User Says Thank You to XxLordxX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #155  

37 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know any way... Although you can get one of these: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Androi...otg+stickdrive (which is quite small) and move all your Android/obb/ folder to there using FolderMount. Although you won't be able to play games that use the obb folder while charging, but for this you can keep some files on your tablet and move it in and out of the obb folder when necessary (horrible workaround, I know, but until I find something else try this haha).

~Lord

Haha okay thanks for the answer

Btw, do you know if the apps can be moved wholesale to an External SD using something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Leef-microSD-m...3TRCVNCBY5GN2G
Last edited by Koongli48; 24th December 2014 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Need to add more info.
24th December 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #156  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Why do you need to know that?
Thanks Meter: 1,137

2,946 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Haha okay thanks for the answer

Btw, do you know if the apps can be moved wholesale to an External SD using something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Leef-microSD-m...3TRCVNCBY5GN2G

Hi,

I believe you can! After all it'll use the sdcard just like a memory stick, like the once I've sent to you before. If you prefer this one get it .

~Lord
26th December 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #157  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 490

1,183 posts
More
Quote:

I'm aware of FolderMount but I'm not very willing to pay for pro

Isn't Pro just $1.99?
26th December 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #158