[SOUNDMOD][M8][SENSE/GPE Android 4.4.x] Project ERA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
I litle bit of OFtopic but since we ALL want the best posible SOUND here it is.

I love HTC and in the past 12 Years i did USE only HTC Handsets but i have to admit that there are Other devices Made specially for Audiophiles like us.
For example BBK VIVO Xplay have better sound, in terms of clearuty dynamic and so on.

but this is an Old device in term of Hi-Tech

Now BBK officialy anounced VIVO X5 MAX and this device come out directly with 4.4.4 Kitkat and New Hi-Fi 2.0 well i know how the VIVO Xplay with Hi-Fi 1.0 Sound like and i can`t imagine what a BEAST will be this new Hi-Fi 2.0 architecture.

Why im sharing this here? Because i think we can have the same Audio Expirience with M8

Just need the SYSTEM DUMP of the X5 MAX and i think that this can be ported.

read a litle info :

"X5 Max comes with Hi-Fi 2.0 architecture, that compared to Hi-Fi 1.0, used on the Xplay 3S offers quite a few upgrades. For example, Hi-Fi 2.0 provides a new two op amp system, using the electronic properties of the voltage converter. The idea is to reduce signal loss as much as possible and make the sound cleaner. Lower distortion is achieved, as well as a crisper sound, with multiple levels of filtering.

Average distortion drops by 10 dB and the Vivo X5Max now comes with a OPA1612 audio output and a Yamaha YSS-205X sound processing chip supposed to reach as high as 120 dB, making it the best music phone in the world"

So im beggin you Zero and all Developers here WE HAVE to have this BEAST ported.

Reactions: amitjh089

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
I litle bit of OFtopic but since we ALL want the best posible SOUND here it is.

I love HTC and in the past 12 Years i did USE only HTC Handsets but i have to admit that there are Other devices Made specially for Audiophiles like us.
For example BBK VIVO Xplay have better sound, in terms of clearuty dynamic and so on.

but this is an Old device in term of Hi-Tech

Now BBK officialy anounced VIVO X5 MAX and this device come out directly with 4.4.4 Kitkat and New Hi-Fi 2.0 well i know how the VIVO Xplay with Hi-Fi 1.0 Sound like and i can`t imagine what a BEAST will be this new Hi-Fi 2.0 architecture.

Why im sharing this here? Because i think we can have the same Audio Expirience with M8

Just need the SYSTEM DUMP of the X5 MAX and i think that this can be ported.

read a litle info :

"X5 Max comes with Hi-Fi 2.0 architecture, that compared to Hi-Fi 1.0, used on the Xplay 3S offers quite a few upgrades. For example, Hi-Fi 2.0 provides a new two op amp system, using the electronic properties of the voltage converter. The idea is to reduce signal loss as much as possible and make the sound cleaner. Lower distortion is achieved, as well as a crisper sound, with multiple levels of filtering.

Average distortion drops by 10 dB and the Vivo X5Max now comes with a OPA1612 audio output and a Yamaha YSS-205X sound processing chip supposed to reach as high as 120 dB, making it the best music phone in the world"

So im beggin you Zero and all Developers here WE HAVE to have this BEAST ported.
"Hi-Fi 2.0 provides a new two op amp system, using the electronic properties of the voltage converter. The idea is to reduce signal loss as much as possible and make the sound cleaner. Lower distortion is achieved, as well as a crisper sound, with multiple levels of filtering."

Yeah, good luck porting a hardware feature.

Reactions: amitjh089

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
"Hi-Fi 2.0 provides a new two op amp system, using the electronic properties of the voltage converter. The idea is to reduce signal loss as much as possible and make the sound cleaner. Lower distortion is achieved, as well as a crisper sound, with multiple levels of filtering."

Yeah, good luck porting a hardware feature.

Well i didn`t mean Hardware PORT i know its not posible But DOC already port Hi-Fi 1.0 from VIVO Xplay for our Device well its not working anymore because was for 4.4.2 and since the update stop working but anyway was working fine before that.

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Well i didn`t mean Hardware PORT i know its not posible But DOC already port Hi-Fi 1.0 from VIVO Xplay for our Device well its not working anymore because was for 4.4.2 and since the update stop working but anyway was working fine before that.
Well, if it's a hardware feature, how do you expect the software to work?

No idea if HiFi 1.0 was a hardware or software feature but 2.0 is definitely, 100% positively a hardware feature.

http://www.hihuadu.com/2014/12/23/t...wo-hi-fi-20-depth-of-interpretation-6004.html "Hi-Fi 2.0 consists of three main elements : two secondary power amplification , two multi-op , a new luxury -level audio chip." - that pretty much sums up that it's a hardware feature.

Unless I wield the power to magically port hardware to devices, it's impossible.

alex_tee

Mar 17, 2011
Moscow
It will work since zero flashed it on aosp too and it works...Also tell me what exactly doesn't work? Just the Dolby app ? Also gpe version won't work on aosp so don't try to flash it
I don't use dolby app, just froze it through settings. Tried to flash aosp ERA on fresh clean-flashed blisspop, and i've got no sound at all. For example when I try to play some music through poweramp - it just ffwd tracks with no sound. Maybe it is blisspop trouble, don't know. I've used ERA before on kitkat aosp & lolipop gpe with no problems

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I don't use dolby app, just froze it through settings. Tried to flash aosp ERA on fresh clean-flashed blisspop, and i've got no sound at all. For example when I try to play some music through poweramp - it just ffwd tracks with no sound. Maybe it is blisspop trouble, don't know. I've used ERA before on kitkat aosp & lolipop gpe with no problems

For solving issues always go to original forum... Read OP and you should find something to solve it ;)

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
Zero can u share with us some information.

For example i want to edit by myself some of the presets in dolby_config.xml but the main problem is that i have no IDEA wich effect is for what.

For example i choice to edit RnB preset to tweak it depending of my teste and the music i listen mostly but without to know the effects im like Blind.

For example i do understand that GEQ_ENABLE 1 mean to enable the bands
GEQ_NBANDS 7 means we have 7 Bands

and they star 1 2 3 etc but i don`t have any idea of the Bands and the effect so if i know them i can better tweak my own preset

Thank you

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Zero can u share with us some information.

For example i want to edit by myself some of the presets in dolby_config.xml but the main problem is that i have no IDEA wich effect is for what.

For example i choice to edit RnB preset to tweak it depending of my teste and the music i listen mostly but without to know the effects im like Blind.

For example i do understand that GEQ_ENABLE 1 mean to enable the bands
GEQ_NBANDS 7 means we have 7 Bands

and they star 1 2 3 etc but i don`t have any idea of the Bands and the effect so if i know them i can better tweak my own preset

Thank you
Ask that in his original thread, he isn't that often here...Also I already asked him about that, and he meant it will take a lot of time to explain all the things inside this config...there needs to be more done than just edit a few tweaks...maybe if he has time he would explain it, but I think only after christmas and year years time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was asked by my friend @ZeroInfinity to create a thread for his mod as it was made compatible with our M8.

Download can be found in the original M7 thread so he can keep track on issues etc.
    This thread is intended to make people aware of the sound mod, who don´t know what it is.

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GO DEAF OR BREAK YOUR HEADPHONES SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DID NOT READ THE OP OR BOTHER TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!

Project%20ERA%20Banner.png

Features:
    -System Wide audio (NO NEED TO TURN ANYTHING ON, IT WILL WORK ALREADY LIKE NORMAL SOUND)
    -Custom compiled libasound.so library (Thanks to aznrice2k4)
    -Custom made asound.conf specifically for [apq8064tablasnd] soundcard
    -Custom made asound.conf specifically for [msm8974taikomtp] soundcard (HTC One M8)
    -10240x48000 Oversampling (491.52MHz)
    -24Bit Quantization
    -SRC Resampler
    -SRC mode set to Best
    -Significantly reduced distortions
    -Very powerful ALSA processing (At the cost of Battery and Performance)
    -Super-High Quality Audio
    -Greatly reduced noise via oversampling
    -Greatly improved audio anti-aliasing via oversampling + quantization
    -Compatible with Sense 5.5 Android 4.4.2/GPE Android 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 Android 4.4.2
    -Disabled LPA completely
    -The Beats Experiment (Heavily Tweaked Beats Audio) (It is LOUD so turn down volume before listening to music) (Not Available for HTC One M8)
    -Enabled HTC Hardware AEC (Acoustic Echo Canceller)
    -Heavily tweaked and fine tuned SRS/DTS/Dolby effects (To enable them, you must have MusicBox or Venom Sound Enhancer)
    -Greatly improved audio resolution via oversampling
    -Much cleaner audio
    -IntenseBLAST tweaks (Not available for HTC One M8)

NEW SHARING POLICY:
    ROM Developers are allowed to add this mod in their ROMs with PROPER CREDIT GIVEN. You may NOT include this in other modifications under any circumstances.

Be sure to keep the discussion in my original thread guys so I don't have to keep on looking back and forth ;)
    Does this mod boost headphones volume and clarity while listening to music or its only for inbuilt speakers?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    No, my mod will not focus in boosting headphone volume at all.

Boosting volume will increase the chance of ditortions, audio clipping and additional noise, if you didn't know that...

It seems that you have completely misunderstood what this mod does. I think it's time that you read the OP properly -_-
    My mod doesn't focus on speakers and it never will. My mod focuses on audio quality which will most likely be heard on headphones. It might change speaker sounds somehow but I am not going to focus on audio quality/enhancing the audio just for speakers...

Yes please make the sound mod for the external speaker phone please, yes they sound loud on some music but I think they can be louder.

I have already said that I'm going to do it, no need to tell me twice...
    Or you could all spend some time searching for the answers in the main thread... There is a reason why I don't normally answer anyone here.
    Issues/Requests etc should go to the original thread