Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

OP FuMMoD

Yesterday, 02:59 PM   |  #1581  
Recognized Themer
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 11,806

3,472 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterus82

Hello there. I'm a little new to this. I got a noobish question. What kind of data you loose when you root your phone for the first time. I got my 1+ for 2 months and got few aps installed and i would rather don't lose any of it. Photos or music i got backed up.
Can someone point out what data will by wiped and what stay. I'm pretty new to android so that's why ask.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

You won't lose any data when you root BUT, if you haven't unlocked your bootloader, you'll need to do this first (and install a custom recovery).

Unlocking your bootloader will erase ALL user data (including apps) from your device so you'll be starting again as if your phone was brand new.
Yesterday, 03:15 PM   |  #1582  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa

You won't lose any data when you root BUT, if you haven't unlocked your bootloader, you'll need to do this first (and install a custom recovery).

Unlocking your bootloader will erase ALL user data (including apps) from your device so you'll be starting again as if your phone was brand new.

Thanks for the answer. I posted wrongly. I ment unlock oh well. To bad. Will have to start from scrach with aps

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
Today, 03:48 AM   |  #1583  

2 posts
Smile Oneplus One Issues 3 days old
Alright so recently ive been facing issues with my oneplus one. If there is anyone out there to suggest some help for me, please do so- it will be much appreciated
Any way, the problems I'm facing are:
1) whenever i record in slowmo, the video that i play has a purple tint or lining at the first second, as if it is focusing (didnt happen on the first day)
2) the video playback looks like it has a yellow 'blanket' on the video, it is very faint... But still noticeable. (Keep in mind the pictures are fine)
3) Another problem I'm facing is the fact that whenever I type fast, it feels like the letters do not get recognized- which is weird.
Let me see... I dont think there is anything else
Anyway guys, if you want to help me out, please keep in mind I'm a 15 year old noob who doesnt know much
Thanks for the help and sorry for the long message
Today, 03:54 AM   |  #1584  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,584

15,580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIBeast-1999

Alright so recently ive been facing issues with my oneplus one. If there is anyone out there to suggest some help for me, please do so- it will be much appreciated
Any way, the problems I'm facing are:
1) whenever i record in slowmo, the video that i play has a purple tint or lining at the first second, as if it is focusing (didnt happen on the first day)
2) the video playback looks like it has a yellow 'blanket' on the video, it is very faint... But still noticeable. (Keep in mind the pictures are fine)
3) Another problem I'm facing is the fact that whenever I type fast, it feels like the letters do not get recognized- which is weird.
Let me see... I dont think there is anything else
Anyway guys, if you want to help me out, please keep in mind I'm a 15 year old noob who doesnt know much
Thanks for the help and sorry for the long message

1. This is a common bug on this device, nothing we can do about it unless they release a fix for it in an update.

2. Does this yellow tint during playback occur only while playing the file on your phone? Or does it also occur when you playback the file on a PC too?

3. Another relatively common bug, which keyboard are you using?

Transmitted via Bacon
Today, 04:01 AM   |  #1585  

2 posts
Smile Oneplus One Issues 3 days old
Before i answer your questions, i just wanted you to know that you made my day man. A quick and easy reply was what i needed

1) Oh.
2) I dont know yet, I'm in my bed so i cant check at the moment

3) The keyboard I'm using is the stock keyboard that the phone comes with
Android Keyboard (AOSP) is it?
Lets just hope CM fixes these issues in the next updates.
Today, 04:19 AM   |  #1586  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,584

15,580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIBeast-1999

Before i answer your questions, i just wanted you to know that you made my day man. A quick and easy reply was what i needed

1) Oh.
2) I dont know yet, I'm in my bed so i cant check at the moment

3) The keyboard I'm using is the stock keyboard that the phone comes with
Android Keyboard (AOSP) is it?
Lets just hope CM fixes these issues in the next updates.

There's been a fair bit of debate over whether the problem while typing quickly is caused by software or hardware, and strangely enough it doesn't affect all devices. I've never noticed any yellow tint while viewing video on my phone, I'm assuming it only happens with videos you've recorded with the phone?

Transmitted via Bacon
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread