AOSP 4.4.2 for the ZTE Open C

Search This thread

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Search Google for vampirefo dual boot, you will find several guides that explains how to dual boot android.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

Reactions: GamblerTobi

ugjugg

Sep 1, 2014

When attempting to flash these zips from recovery I am getting signature verifification failed. I have verified the files are intact but still am unable to flash these.
comprarbaratosmoviles.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core-venta-barata
movilesbaratoschinos.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core

AK0

Aug 5, 2014
Verification fails always

When attempting to flash these zips from recovery I am getting signature verifification failed. I have verified the files are intact but still am unable to flash these.
comprarbaratosmoviles.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core-venta-barata
movilesbaratoschinos.com/star-z2-comprar-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core
You have to go around in circles and jump through monkey hoops to get any files to flash without verification failed. That is why I stopped flashing and just went back to stock Firefox OS. and before someone replies: " you have to use custom clockwork recovery to flash" . This is wrong because I was using clockwork recovery and also had flashed clockwork recovery and the files always failed verification. Even when I wanted to flash the GAPPS or SuperSU to Kitkat, with custom recovery it said verification failed. It was driving me crazy . :mad: Only thing I remember that might have worked, is deleting dalvik cache then doing a hard reboot but I can't verify for sure. Android support is very bad on this phone.

EDIT: I found out the problem probably was caused by a Chinese virus on my SD Card. It was making all my files corrupted. After I formatted the SD Card now I can flash files.

Last edited:

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
You have to go around in circles and jump through monkey hoops to get any files to flash without verification failed. That is why I stopped flashing and just went back to stock Firefox OS. and before someone replies: " you have to use custom clockwork recovery to flash" . This is wrong because I was using clockwork recovery and also had flashed clockwork recovery and the files always failed verification. Even when I wanted to flash the GAPPS or SuperSU to Kitkat, with custom recovery it said verification failed. It was driving me crazy . :mad: Only thing I remember that might have worked, is deleting dalvik cache then doing a hard reboot but I can't verify for sure. Android support is very bad on this phone.

First of all you are quoting a bot try to advertise "Star Z2 android 4.2 MTK6592", which is funny that you didn't know that.

Second cwm doesn't check signatures also funny you didn't know that, no one can help you, as you don't know the difference between cwm recovery and stock recovery.

lordvictor

Oct 4, 2014
Hi I have a problem with the vampirefo rom. I've patched it for modem problems but I've noticed that camera is not working and there's no camera app. I've installed the camera app from google but no luck the camera is not found by the app.
My ZTE open C is certainly different from the ebay one (I'm french).
I know that the firefox os 1.4 and 2.0 roms from vampirefo resolved the camera problems for this os , I'm sure he has the solution for android.
Any help?

Tiburonero

Sep 4, 2014
Gallery Camara crash

You need to reinstal googles cam and gallery and it will work ok. Other option is, as you have it already rooted, instal original android, and then last supersu and gaaps and eveything works. I have done the last and crashes less than with vamps rom.

N2Deep916

Dec 6, 2014
This open c is a nightmare !

I had no problem switching back and forth with the comebuy ffos and kitkat stock roms, but no gapps with kitkat so basically useless, time wasting process. Now I have found the link to the zte upgrade tool with root, rooted phone , flashed us version rom 1.3 successfully, but now cannot get OTA updates nor can I get any other Roms to flash without a failed signature error, can't even install cwm, everything comes back as failed signature errors. I know this topic has been discussed but I have not seen a bonafide in depth explanation to this nor have I seen a working step by step solution. Can anyone advise because I am ready to launch this junk phone out of the car window at 80 mph on the freeway ! LOL !! Very frustrated right now !!:mad:

N2Deep916

Dec 6, 2014
Thanks, but tried that method failed to load.

@N2Deep916:
xdaforums.com/firefox-os/general/root-install-custom-rom-recovery-using-t2845822

Yeah, thanks tried that method, directions were a bit flakey though. I got error message unable to load three times. Something weird going on with this phone since I did the update tool flash update . All I want to do is get back to the kitkat os , not working too well !

mojojojo67

Dec 6, 2014
OPPO A52
thats how i made it:
(just google for"modaco zte open cwm")

00.) Power off your device
01.) Remove the SIM-card!!! and insert a FAT32 formatted microSD-card with the ZIPs you like to install
02.) Power on your device
03.) Connect the phone to your PC
04.) Open a terminal and type:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
[now it should list ur device ]
fastboot boot recovery-cwm6050-kis3.img
(DON'T flash this img!!!)
--> Then CWM is only temporarily active / the stock boatloader will not be overwritten
08.) Now CWM runs and you can install your ZIPs
09.) Go to "advanced" -> "power off".

Prompt "yes" when you will be asked for fix root rights.
Don't forget to insert your SIM-Card after that!!

Dobby420

Dec 10, 2014
Wales
This device was purchased on ebay. The only thing I have really done is use the zte upgrade tool in windows to flash and obtain root, now I have a feeling that this is my problem.

Did you use the vanilla software update app in the firefox OS since rooting/flashing? You need to apply the 06 update first then install the .zip file to install android. I wonder if the update software app has upgraded to a newer version, which would explain why you're getting signature errors. I got the signature error and mine is the ebay exclusive version. All I have done is update via the software update app which means it is now a greater version than 06. I'm about to install the FFOS EU zip package from the link in the post above.

This will correct it to the EU Ebay exclusive 06 version, then I will flash android zip. I'll let you know what the results are very soon.

Best way to check would be to see if it says 06 in the version info when you boot up recovery mode and if it mentions ebay or not.

Last edited:

N2Deep916

Dec 6, 2014
Still no luck !

Did you use the vanilla software update app in the firefox OS since rooting/flashing? You need to apply the 06 update first then install the .zip file to install android. I wonder if the update software app has upgraded to a newer version, which would explain why you're getting signature errors. I got the signature error and mine is the ebay exclusive version. All I have done is update via the software update app which means it is now a greater version than 06. I'm about to install the FFOS EU zip package from the link in the post above.

This will correct it to the EU Ebay exclusive 06 version, then I will flash android zip. I'll let you know what the results are very soon.

Best way to check would be to see if it says 06 in the version info when you boot up recovery mode and if it mentions ebay or not.

I tried the FFOS US 06 update, funny thing is it went all the way through the update and confirmed to be successfully updated and when I turned phone on to check the revision number it was exactly the same as before I updated which is FFOS US 04. I really don't know what to try next. Another strange thing is in the settings information directory on my open c "Git commit info" states 2014-05-04 20:51:26 unknown anyone know what that means ? I have tried everything, seems like the impossible at this point.

Found while looking for bits for the ZTE Open C, there is a FFOS to Android 4.4.2 rom, and another one that reinstalls FFOS 1.3

Link is here http://down.comebuy.com/Open_c_root_Android4.4.rar , taken from here http://en.comebuy.com/cell-phones-android-cell-phone-4-inch-phones-om33494.html , which came from this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOYIfo7y2s

I state AOSP because I do not see any GApps installed on the video, and I have not yet received my Open C to test

i would like to see ZTE open C get android 5.0

Top Liked Posts