17th November 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 2,984

2,502 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoEMuRk

i had someone try to get me a link their and it takes almost an hour to download it and it wont even let me extract it............

I just downloaded firmware from mega. There's nothing wrong with it.
17th November 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
It stops and does not work for me

---------- Post added 17th November 2014 at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th November 2014 at 11:40 PM ----------

I had kies work for me just got it to install the firmware for me....I know how to get root any preferences for a Rom yet?
9th December 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #13  
Flag Bloomington
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Works Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoEMuRk

I try to donaload the file and it just stops and goeas from one percent to another and never finishes.....is their another way to get these files besides that crappy website?

I just used these links to download the firmware and they worked great. Mega took 1/3 as much time to pull from as Sammobile. Thank you Shinyside! You are awesome. If I wasn't a broke college kid I'd would def donate.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

So I rooted my Tab 4 7" and then decided to switch to Nexus 7 and sell my Tab 4. Both great devices but the specs and updates draw me to try Nexus after the Tab. Anyway, I went to Sammobile to get the Stock rom and inadvertently ended up with the Nook version. OOOPS. Had to reflash but the second firmware I downloaded from Sammobile (at about 1 hour each, ugh) kept failing. Even after wiping the Cache and resetting I could not flash with Odin. Tried placing the image on the SD and installing in Recovery and still no luck. Then I turned to the ONLY source for self support of Android and found ShinySide with the stuff I needed. Downloaded with the Mega link which took 20+ min instead of an hour and it flashed straight away and my Tab 4 is back to being a Tab 4 instead of a Nook. Just wanted to give props to ShinySide for his efforts on behalf of the community and his patience to put up with noobs even when they do/say silly stuff!
27th December 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #14  
Flag Bentonville
Thanks Meter: 71

123 posts
More
Thank you so much!!
Ive been trying to download this file from all these crappy sites and they keep timing out thank you so much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread