USA Metro PCS LG L70

OP Jfredbaby

Today, 12:23 AM
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Cannot find system update - wish to delete it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravvyTrain

I already deleted it, but I think the update was in the /system folder. Should be 200.99mb ..

Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app

My LG L70: ver. 10B, rooted with towelroot. I did my best to get space on internal memory using Link2SD, Titanium Backup, and AppMgr III. I'm an android novice but can follow instructions (so long as they're not too complicated)!

Apparently I freed up enough space for the Android update to be downloaded. Before installing I read through multiple posts advising to not install because I would be upgraded to soft ver. 10C and lose my root and thus could not run apps off the external card.

I've read about the DisableService app which is on my to-do list to download and run. In the meantime, I cannot find and delete the update that has been downloaded. I'm stuck with this notification: System update downloaded. Later (postpone install) or Install. I connected via USB and searched all folders. I cannot even find a file anywhere near as large as 201 mg. I am including hidden files when searching in Windows Explorer.

So where is this file I need to delete? Or how can I eliminate the notification that the update is ready for installation?

And just wondering... do we think that Towelroot will be updated to work on 10C? Or did LG/Google plug some software flaw that Towelroot exploited?
Subscribe to Thread