No registration required

Shattered Screen Experience

OP bigragu

8th November 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #231  
Thanks Meter: 31

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTurbo

Curious guys, how long did it take HTC to get back to you. I've emailed them 6 times and its been over a week..I think there waiting for my warranty to run out lol

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

It took the about 8 days to actually escalate my issue and I called twice during those 8 days. Then it took about three days to fix after escalation. They emailed me tpday saying it is waiting to be shipped out now.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2
9th November 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #232  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 246

1,779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otariq

That's weird. Have you tried a GPS test app from the play store. It can help you delete the GPS data and refresh it. It helped me get mine to work again but that was on a nexus 4
The 2 apps I like are
GPS test
GPS status and toolbox

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Yup i tried both apps and nothing =(
11th November 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #233  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Edit 2: After a couple days of use, I decided to edit this post. I went jogging for a good hour with my phone and I never had my headphones pop out. They never lost connection, and the sound didn't skip a beat. My phone works great, the plug is working great, and I didn't have to pay for anything to get my phone repaired. My only criticism is the lack of overnight options, but thats a weak argument at best considering they got my phone fixed in under a week of business days. I'm happy with my phone and happy with the repair they did. It turned out as well as I could hope for.

HTC earned my loyalty and will continue to be the first phones I look at when I go shopping for a new device. They will be getting my business again this holiday season when I buy 4-5 Nexus 9's for my wife and family.
Last edited by lloose; 12th November 2014 at 10:42 PM.
21st November 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #234  
Flag Vale
Thanks Meter: 44

227 posts
More
So I can finally pop my screen in and out making it pop loudly haha. Well I found a new better job so hopefully I can repair this sucker or buy a new phone this holiday, hopefully it works till then. Found a local shop quote me $100 to repair LCD so will prob go with that option or check out the z3 or moto x 2014, hate paying retail prices tho

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
21st November 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #235  

190 posts
I got mine back last week. They didn't want to replace my screen because of the bootloader unlock but ended up doing it. When I got my phone back I tried to s-off with sunshine but it didn't recognize that I had bought a license. It turns out they replaced the board I guess. I have the same serial number but a different imei. I ended up buying sunshine again
21st November 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #236  
Flag Vale
Thanks Meter: 44

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim489

I got mine back last week. They didn't want to replace my screen because of the bootloader unlock but ended up doing it. When I got my phone back I tried to s-off with sunshine but it didn't recognize that I had bought a license. It turns out they replaced the board I guess. I have the same serial number but a different imei. I ended up buying sunshine again

Damn at least you got a new one. HTC wouldn't budge for me since my boot was unlocked. I called and asked for manager many times and complained but still they said no. To late now my warranty is up

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
21st November 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #237  

190 posts
I sent mine in twice, they didn't want to the first time because it was s-off. I'm sorry man that hella sucks.
10th December 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #238  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Awesome experience
Well My experience with HTC Advantage Program was just AWESOME, the screen of my M8 was cracked as hell even have the half of the screen full of Dead Pixels, i talked to them about the program, they were willing to help me i Choose the OVERNIGHT option paid $30 Bucks got it at the next day, its was Pristine Conditions it was beautiful to see my m8 like that again :'). well i send mine back Took forever to reach them, they got it and the Hold was released nothing was charged to my credit card but the $30 bucks. Bravo HTC
10th December 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #239  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
i had great experience with them too
Yesterday, 10:14 AM   |  #240  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
HTC Repair Screwed Me, HTC President Saved the Day
Long story made somewhat short, after my first experience sending in my M8 for repair, the battery wasn't connected properly and the phone wouldn't charge. I once again sent my phone back, they repaired it by replacing the entire motherboard, and I received it nearly three weeks later. The battery still wasn't working.

I was leaving for Europe in a few weeks, but I sent my phone back a third time. HTC Support called me every day, sometimes several times, to alert me on my phone's status. I begged for them to make sure it was properly fixed. They assured me my phone would be thoroughly tested. They kept it an additional day after it was repaired to specifically test everything, especially the battery. I received it two days before I left for Europe. The battery was still disconnected. The phone would stay on while charging. I could use all USB functions. But the phone acted as if the battery didn't exist.

I pleaded with HTC and Sprint to help me out, to no avail. Sprint told me it was HTC's problem. HTC told me they were out of new M8s... I finally sent an email the President of HTC USA, Jason Mackenzie, explaining the issue and telling him that I was leaving the next day for a few weeks in Eastern Europe. He responded within minutes and overnighted me a brand-new M8 that arrived at 8am the next morning.

I was fed up with dealing with the daily calls and promises HTC made me over a several month period, but everything was made well in the end. HTC's customer support was top-notch, the repair process miserable.

The Following User Says Thank You to zizou417 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread