FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[ROM][OFFICIAL] CandyKat 1.5.5 [JFLTESPR][7/10/14]

2,419 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,572

By BMP7777, Senior Member on 17th April 2014, 02:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
31st August 2014, 06:43 AM |#71  
Flag Hollis
Thanks Meter: 420

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thojmoto

i installed this on my wife's phone but couldn't install the gapps. it said the rom was incompatable. it ran fine but no gapps so i had to restore it back.

Which gapps did you try flashing?

31st August 2014, 07:00 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i tryed 3 different ones. they all said the same thing
2nd September 2014, 03:04 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Okay first I must say I love this Rom! Smooth and its neat, very clean.

On to some issues I've noticed since flashing.

I was coming from a custom rom. Which one I can't recall at the mmHg. I'm really only having two issues. intermittent screen glitches (just Black's outs and comes right back) and I lost root.

Those are the only two things I've noticed so far. I'm going to re-root my phone this evening. The black out/screen glitches haven't necessarily shown attend so I'm uncertain what might be the cause I will try to keep an eye out.

All in all very pleased with this rom! :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
4th September 2014, 05:17 PM |#74  
Flag Jacksonville, NC
Thanks Meter: 212

More
So my only complaint with this ROM is that every time I reboot the phone, the on screen navigation bar comes up. I can go to interface settings, enable and disable the bar, and it goes away. Mildly annoying though each time you power cycle the device. Is there a system apk I can uninstall or freeze to keep this from happening? I don't need the navigation bar. At all. Ever. How do I delete it or at least keep it from loading?
3rd October 2014, 03:27 AM |#75  
Flag Dayton
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Kinda quiet around here... I installed Negalite only to find out it's been abandoned... Hope it hasn't happened to me again!

Sprint Galaxy S3 running WickedX
Sprint Galaxy S4 running Negalite
18th October 2014, 10:55 PM |#76  
Flag Morgantown
Thanks Meter: 1,947

Donate to Me
More
this 10/18 build is working good i even flashed Alucards new updated kernel too https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655047523
Last edited by churchey360; 19th October 2014 at 01:43 AM.
28th December 2014, 11:05 AM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hya gang..

Downloaded this ROM for my friend so she could the S4 without the TouchWiz AND sprinkle lots of purple based themes and tweaks on her OS and she loves it so far. Only one small problem. She just bought a Chevy Cruze and when she tries to pair her phone into the system by bluetooth she gets a FC saying "unfortunately bluetooth share has stopped". I have tried to load in a few apps such as SoundAbout, Bluetooth Repair, and even BLE repair apps to no avail. Also I heard that if you dont allow access to the text/messaging then it wont FC but it still does.

I tested her radio with my Note 3 running KittKatKiller ROM and SoundAbout connect app. No problems.

Any thoughts? I dont have her phone in hand, I will take a closer look when I have a few days off but thought I would toss that problem out there.

I have not yet loaded the original stock Touchwiz, do a Titanium Backup and then reload the CandyKat and 'reinstall' bluetooth share via TB. I plan to try that when I have a little more time.

Thanks for a GREAT Rom and all your work!

Dave
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread