[MOD] 4.4.2 Kitkat Call Recorder

Search This thread

edent

Sep 14, 2009
shkspr.mobi
Does anyone know if this works on CyanogenMod CM11? Running 4.4.4 on my Note 3. Can't find any call recorders which work...

kkvo

Nov 14, 2013
Definitely Works, Thank You So Much @meawww For Teaching Us How To Edit The File And @Jamison904 For Linking Us To The Post! Yes Finally In Call Recording With Out An App!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Yes, After A Couple Of Reboots Still Working Fine! In Call Recording Was one Of The Main Reasons I Loved Darthstalker ROMs Since My SII Days, Went Crazy Trying to figure How To Make It Work On Note 3 After The Updates Killed This Feature! Why Pay $10 For An App, If You Can Get This Built In Feature Free? Not Putting Any Developers Down, But Any One Can Fix This If You're Good At Following Written Instructions! LOL Once Again Thank You Guys!

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Yes, After A Couple Of Reboots Still Working Fine! In Call Recording Was one Of The Main Reasons I Loved Darthstalker ROMs Since My SII Days, Went Crazy Trying to figure How To Make It Work On Note 3 After The Updates Killed This Feature! Why Pay $10 For An App, If You Can Get This Built In Feature Free? Not Putting Any Developers Down, But Any One Can Fix This If You're Good At Following Written Instructions! LOL Once Again Thank You Guys!

wouldnt do the above method.messed up your system files.tried to copy the lines into "mixer path" as instructed and restarted and phone stopped working completely.had to send it for repair .

adrenalin100

May 3, 2012
Kyiv
Enable Call Recording + no inc ring for s4 9505 LTE 4.4.2

This is how to enable Call recording on the Galaxy S4 -I9505 LTE on Based Samsung Android 4.4.2 Roms

I. ENABLE Call recording :

a. DEODEХING SecPhone.apk ;

b . Decompile SecPhone.apk ;

c. Open smali\com\android\phone\PhoneFeature.smali, go to :

Code:
.line 1332
    sget-object v0, mFeatureList:Ljava/util/HashMap;

const-string v5, "support_merge_call"

invoke-static {v2}, Ljava/lang/Boolean;->valueOf(Z)Ljava/lang/Boolean;

move-result-object v6

invoke-virtual {v0, v5, v6}, Ljava/util/HashMap;->put(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

[COLOR="Red"]add this  :[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]sget-object v0, mFeatureList:Ljava/util/HashMap;

const-string v5, "voice_call_recording"

const/4 v2, 0x1

move-result-object v6

invoke-virtual {v0, v5, v6}, Ljava/util/HashMap;->put(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;[/COLOR]

.line 1333

d.Save file and recompiling .

II .Disable delay incoming ring :

a. Open SecPhone\smali\com\android\phone\Ringer$1.smali ,go to :

Code:
[CODE][COLOR="Red"]]line 859
    iget-object v1, p0, this$0:Lcom/android/phone/Ringer;

iget-object v1, v1, Lcom/android/phone/Ringer;->mAudioManager:Landroid/media/AudioManager;

[COLOR="Red"]invoke-virtual {v1, v6, v2, v3}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V  - DELETE THIS ;[/COLOR]

.line 860
    const-wide/16 v1, 0x7d0
b.Save file and recompiling .

This mod is tested & working on latest I9505XXUGNG8 . I think it is work for all ROMS 4.4.2

Crazyrican32

Sep 22, 2012
New York
In Call Recording May Need Custom Kernel.

Hi. I did everything (push the secphone.apk at the right place and modify the XML)
But my phone is stuck at 'opening applications' when I reboot it. Any idea ?
Thx
Hi, I Believe That You May Have To Have A Custom Kernel That Supports In Call Recordings. I Use Compulsion Kernel 15 On The Effortless V. 8 ROM. I Just Updated To NF9 And Redid The Edit To Mixerpath.XML And I Still Have The Ability To Record My Calls. Hopefully Someone With More Knowledge And Expertise Can Help You Out.

ghpk

Dec 29, 2010
India
I am using Micromax Unite 2, its a 4.4.2 based phone and kernel supports recording as theirs Record Option in dailer which records the conversation very well.
but it needs you to click option key then touch "Start Recording"

I don't see any file with name "SecPhone.apk " also unable to find "Mixerpath.XML" so how do i proceed and make it Auto record every call.

k0712s

Nov 5, 2014
Instruction to flash file

Can anyone post instruction on how to flash this file using Odin on att Note 3 unrooted with 4.4.2. Thanks

OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. I have been looking daily for over a month since I heard about being able to "root" your phone. This is for the SM-N900A from AT&T build CNC2???? Just found this site also which was a plus

boldbeast

Oct 23, 2014

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deodexed Rom

1: Pull the file SecPhone.apk from system\priv-app unpack the SecPhone.apk with apktool
    2: Browse the folder SecPhone\smali\com\android\phone and look for the file name "PhoneFeature.smali"
    3: Open with notepad ++ and search for the word const-string v6, "write_sleep_checking_file"
    4: Above the code .line 1323 add the following codes below.

Code:
    .line 1322
        sget-object v0, Lcom/android/phone/PhoneFeature;->mFeatureList:Ljava/util/HashMap;

const-string v5, "voice_call_recording"

const/4 v2, 0x1

move-result-object v6

invoke-virtual {v0, v5, v6}, Ljava/util/HashMap;->put(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

5: Rebuild the apk with apktool.
    6: Make backup of the old file just incase.
    7: Push the new built apk inside system\priv-app
    8: Reboot and enjoy.

#Remove accending ringtone.
    1: Browse SecPhone.apk\smali\com\android\phone\Ringer$1.smal.
    2: Find the code below.
    Code:
    iget-object v1, v1, Lcom/android/phone/Ringer;->mAudioManager:Landroid/media/AudioManager;

invoke-virtual {v1, v6, v2, v3}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V

.line 860
    3: Remove the line invoke-virtual {v1, v6, v2, v3}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V
    4: Rebuild and push.

Edit: File attached only for DEODEXED! rom KITKAT 4.4.2

https://www.mediafire.com/?vu9w39yp63bdx9u
    Actually the @meawww method works great. Thank you my friend. To get it record correctly you have to modify the mixer_paths.xml under system/etc.

Just add the blue section and reboot. Enjoy :cool:
    Code:
    	<!-- TX part -->
    	<path name="audio-record">
    		<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer SLIM_0_TX" value="1" />
    	</path>

<path name="audio-record bt-sco">
    		<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer AUX_PCM_UL_TX" value="1" />
    	</path>

[COLOR="Blue"]	<!-- incall recording -->
    	<path name="incall-rec-uplink">
    		<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_UL" value="1" />
    	</path>

<path name="incall-rec-downlink">
    		<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_DL" value="1" />
    	</path>

<path name="incall-rec-uplink-and-downlink">
    		<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_UL" value="1" />
    		<ctl name="MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_DL" value="1" />
    	</path>[/COLOR]
    	<!-- call part -->
    	<path name="voice-call">
    		<ctl name="SLIM_0_RX_Voice Mixer CSVoice" value="1" />
    		<ctl name="Voice_Tx Mixer SLIM_0_TX_Voice" value="1" />
    	</path>
    Just if we don't have apk tool.
    Plz upload the modified one.
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ill upload it in a bit my wife is using skype wit her mom or she gonna lag and kick my butt :(
    The mod works fine, the problem is that the new kitkat version does not support the call recording, about any mod or program call recording in kitkat only records noise as I researched I think it needs to modify the kernel to enable new audio recording

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk
    Yes the mod doesn't work I made the mod yesterday same weird noise.

Thanks for share

Sent from my SM-N9005