FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Corrupt /data partition?

9th June 2014, 01:50 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hi all,

Just here hoping one of you who is proficient in these matters can be an absolute legend and help me out.

Ever since I had my Moto G I've had trouble with making nandroid backups - it always fails at the /data stage. In addition, I have only been able to get into recovery via adb reboot recovery. Formatting /data in recovery makes no difference.

I've also had trouble with -24 errors on installing apps. I'm aware that the solution is to delete the previous installation files from /data/data, but I am unable to delete them! (I can rename them as a workaround, but it's not a proper solution.)

All of this leads me to think that the /data partition has become corrupted. Is anyone else having this problem, and do any of you have any possible solutions? I'm still hoping that this fixable via software and isn't a hardware fail - like any xda-er, my warranty lasted literally seconds...

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by jonnug; 9th June 2014 at 02:10 PM.

9th June 2014, 02:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm no proficient expert, but have you tried reflashing the stock firmware? If you want it, you can get it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2542219 IT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR PHONE. Good luck buddy!

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Fede37 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 02:27 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
I have indeed, it failed to flash! Downloaded a few times, and the md5 always checked out, so the file was solid.

CM11 flashed ok, and currently on Sk.D's excellent stock-based rooted Rom, but the problem persists.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 06:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Had a similar problem with the same Google play error after an abrupt low battery shutdown. Not a moto g but using titanium's batch action for removing orphan data fixed the app issues. Just be careful you Don't delete data you might want to restore later.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to interessant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 07:29 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by interessant

Had a similar problem with the same Google play error after an abrupt low battery shutdown. Not a moto g but using titanium's batch action for removing orphan data fixed the app issues. Just be careful you Don't delete data you might want to restore later.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Thanks but no luck - Titanium reports a success but the data is still there! Must be something up with the partition...
9th June 2014, 08:00 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Looking at some other threads, some people on other devices are using the e2fsck command to check the integrity of the file system.

Can anyone walk me through this - syntax of the command as well as which block the /data partition is mounted as?
28th December 2014, 01:52 PM |#7  
Flag Santo André
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I has the same problem. I can't delete one file and format partition data keep failing. Until now nothing works: re-stock, adb delete, fastboot erase and recovery format.
28th December 2014, 02:59 PM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 734

More
Have you tried flashing the GPE stock firmware since it has a different partition table than normal and is ext4 compared to f2fs on normal moto g
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread