Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Battery Drain by "Android System"!! please help!!!

OP comcoil

25th April 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanr1977

I also have a problem I posted this on another members thread -

I have also had this problem, I have not changed many settings since day 1 of owning this phone - nfc data bluetooth & sync off, Wifi scanning all the time only when charging & drains so much during the night! Last night I was on 42% at 21:50 then at 22:50 it was on 23% then at 23:50 it was on 15% & at that point I put ultra power saver on, which said I would have 1 day of power left.... I checked again at about 01:00 & my phone had run out of battery & shut down! Today I am taking back my phone to the shop & am demanding a new handset, I think I may have just had a faulty S5? Also my phone was getting quite hot at night in my pocket & also had a problem sometimes when powering on with the power button to wake the phone nothing happens & got stuck in ultra power mode a few times & rebooted? Other than this I love the S5 & hope my new handset is perfect? IT BETTER BE? [emoji35]

sent by the technology & the power of the Samsung Galaxy S5 📱 Via Tapatalk 😎

Let me know if they give you a new handset...
I sent an email to support, they told me to bring the device to the lab to get it checked....
cant they just give me a new one and thats it? -_- ughh
26th April 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 150

396 posts
More
Went to the EE shop like I was told on the phone from customer services but they were unhelpful & then had to phone customer services back but then all they could do was send me another battery & not give me another handset yet! but not until after the weekend which by then my 14day return with no questions asked would be up & I would be bound to a contract for 24 months.... So i told them to stick there contract & thanks for wasting my time & lieing to me, so gone over to O2 contract a few hrs later & I must say I am happier with them, I even asked if they could unlock my phone to any use any sim & was told just ring customer services & they will do it free of charge!!!! (I was very surprised), anyway charged my battery for about 6 or & a half hrs & have had 22hrs battery life so far with loads of Web viewing, Wifi on most of the time & still have 27%. Loving this phone [emoji106]

Sent from my super quick & powerful Samsung S5.... via Tapatalk
26th April 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #13  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 40

249 posts
Donate to Me
More
You guys might experience this kitkat bug, btw it's not only triggered by skype http://www.zdnet.com/kitkat-giving-y...ix-7000027051/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-N7100 met Tapatalk
28th December 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by comcoil

how do you uninstall samsung app store?

@comcoil I also have this problem battery drain fast on standby ..Android System suck battery any solution to fix.

already tried.
1.factory reset.
2.formated mmc.
3.sync off.

still have same issue
sent from galaxy s5 duos
28th December 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 66

257 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prot-

umm AVG is chewing up all your battery dude.
uninstall that junk and find a AV thats light on battery. i use Dr.Web light which has always done be well and uses next to no battery

do you have "restrict background data" ticked on power saving?
and yeah make sure GPS, Bluetooth is off too, only use when needed.

my battery on my s5 lasts 2 days of fairly heavy use

Just get all that garbage off, you dont need an AV on your phone, its not that hard to not get it infected unless you are downloading apks willy nilly, its not windows...

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread