FORUMS

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more

Multi DPI Apps for Galaxy Note 4

Samsung stock apps do not scale to non-stock DPIs, which can prove annoying to those that want to … more

Google #StepInsideAdWords Event Livestream

Ahead of the annual I/O conference scheduled to take place later this month, the Google … more

How Much Do You Pay for Your Wireless Bill?

With so many different carriers and options to choose from, it can sometimes be quite a task … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[TWRP Recovery] X-Trem theme - Advanced [M8][Apr 13]

28th December 2014, 08:28 PM |#11  
lucky_515's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag columbus indiana
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbean50

I was trying these cool themes (there's more in the link) just two days ago, which means go ahead!
(im on twrp version 2.8.1.0)

can you please explain to me how im pose to extract the file from the exe. ..ive never seen this type of file before,xda mostly use other hosts to download ...im sorry if this is a newbie question..it says i need to update java every time try to download,i click save,then try taping on download to install..the turn down all the offer's i dont want..in some casses it installed all the junk on my pc anyways and i had to use a restore point to fix laptop..i wanna try some of these cool themes,but i dont know whats going on..is there another waay to download the themes??
 
 
28th December 2014, 08:42 PM |#12  
beanbean50's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 925
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_515

can you please explain to me how im pose to extract the file from the exe. ..ive never seen this type of file before,xda mostly use other hosts to download ...im sorry if this is a newbie question..it says i need to update java every time try to download,i click save,then try taping on download to install..the turn down all the offer's i dont want..in some casses it installed all the junk on my pc anyways and i had to use a restore point to fix laptop..i wanna try some of these cool themes,but i dont know whats going on..is there another waay to download the themes??

I just click on the 'download now' banner and it downloads a zip which I transfer to the phone and flash in recovery
28th December 2014, 10:24 PM |#13  
lucky_515's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag columbus indiana
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbean50

I just click on the 'download now' banner and it downloads a zip which I transfer to the phone and flash in recovery

ok..wow..that is not what happens for me..i hit download,,the blue lable inbetween button..it then makes me download an exe.file with the name of the zip..has bunch of spam in it..maybe im tappin wroung download..thanks though
29th December 2014, 07:26 AM |#14  
beanbean50's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 925
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_515

ok..wow..that is not what happens for me..i hit download,,the blue lable inbetween button..it then makes me download an exe.file with the name of the zip..has bunch of spam in it..maybe im tappin wroung download..thanks though

oops, yes, sounds like u was clicking the wrong link (it's very naughty of them to put that advert right above the real link and to name it 'download'..very misleading)

if you've been opening .exe files u might wanna download and run a free antivirus and anti-malware scan on your pc.. I use:

antivirus:
https://www.avast.com/download-software

anti-malware:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes